Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I know: 1996 cbr600f3, I ride it on the weekends, this morning (July 21) I went out and turned the fuel on, turned the key, hit the start button. It fired right up. I then stalled it adjusting the choke.
I hit the starter agin and this happend.....( this is all i get from it now been a few hiurs checking my connections and scratching my head lol) Under the seat where all my wire connections start in front of the battery a heard a click. Then sounds like from within the engine I hear a low hissing noise. I thought maybe my starter is going bad? Battery was at full charge also. Any ideas are appreciated. And thanks to all the other post that helped me rebuild it earlier this year.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hi Dan welcome to the forum, looks like initially it stalled out with too much petrol (flooded) , the non start clicking could be a loose or poor cable to the starter motor , if you kept trying to start it there could wet plugs , whip them out and take a look , the hissing sound I'm not sure of ,but try opening your petrol tank filler while you try to start , could be vacuum in there:wink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so Ive traced every connection on my bike, I made sure all the wires are clean and tight fitting when replaced. still does this, Im starting to think from the new research Ive done that either my battery doesnt have high enough output, or my starter might be going bad? does anyone have the optimal output for this model for my battery stats? or a link to said knowledge. Thank you for youre help!!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hi Daniel , here's the stats for the battery 8Ah should be enough to start, seems if the engine turns over starter motor is OK, when was the last time the carbs were cleaned , as you said earlier that it stalled when you touched the choke it could be jets:wink
Edit , sorry matey does the engine not turn over at all

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts