Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK! Finally figured out how to utilize the "Galleries" section (with some help from BDA116 and jetbdude). Sooo, the pics are over there if you'd like to peruse them. Also some pics of other interesting bikes on the ride. I particularly liked the Bostrum replica Duc that some guy probably spent way too much money on. Enjoy! :D

edit: for those of you who are as computer-challenged as I, after clicking on the first image select the "slideshow" option and set the time interval to your preference.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Great pics Bacchus. Glad you remembered the step latter to get a good perspective on the bikes! Some awesome bikes on that ride.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
What's the big deal? That bike is old.:wazzup:
Just kidding, of course. But I'm really shocked someone actually rides that thing! (that's what it was built for :freebird: ) I figured they were all display bikes.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Bacchus

Thanks for those pictures. Those were some of the most droolworthy bikes I've ever seen on the road. I don't even recall seeing an NR in the Guggenheim show.

Was the NR owner really slow and careful, or did he let it rip?

Interesting how the NR inspired certain design features of the MV and the Duc -SSSwingarm, underseat exhaust, foxeye lights on the 916-996

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
CBRVFR said:
Interesting how the NR inspired certain design features of the MV and the Duc -SSSwingarm, underseat exhaust, foxeye lights on the 916-996
Some of those features are now part of the 600 & 1000 bikes too :cool2:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies folks! CBRVFR, I never even heard it run. The guy showed up (fortunately) but couldn't join the actual ride because he had other things to do. Reaper knows the guy well, I believe, and as he stated he has heard it before. I'm thinking I might have overheard the owner say that he didn't have very many miles on it also. I was so damned excited taking pics that it never even crossed my mind to ask him to fire it up :crap: . Or better yet, seeing if he would let me be photographed sitting on it - dang!!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics :cheers:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
So....what'd it sound like?!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of the things that I thought was especially cool was how Honda routed the air intakes through those carbon fiber "tubes" to the airbox. BTW, the majority (I think) of the body section is one piece, and I was told the replacement cost to be $10K :sless:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Guggenheim - "The Art of The Motorcycle"

CBRVFR said:
Bacchus

I don't even recall seeing an NR in the Guggenheim show.

Isn't that odd....I was a bit surprised to find that the NR was not included.... :huh:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
luvtolean said:
So....what'd it sound like?!
Like a proper motorcycle should....ala V4... :D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Guggenheim - "The Art of The Motorcycle"

Baketech said:
Isn't that odd....I was a bit surprised to find that the NR was not included.... :huh:
If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, even if the Tucson owner was invited to participate he might have refused the offer because of the possibility of shipping damage. After hearing his story of getting the bike to the U.S., I think he is probably justifiably paranoid in that regard. He did everything possible to limit the number of fork lift episodes involved. As for the other two U.S. owners, I do not know... :idunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funny to see how his bike gets around on the sites. only 5 are in the states. the bike has an absolutely amazing sound like nothing else. its interesting at idle. the tank/seat body piece is actually carbon fiber reinforced plastic costing $10K, kickstand piece is $1200, windscreen is coated and is about $800, i believe only 200 were ever made. the heads up display is really trick also. more pics are posted on rocketmadness.com. also have pics of when it was uncrated. as far as ducati getting their design from the NR, i would have to disagree with that. although the NR came out in 92, the ducati 916 was well into its design and development stages. The MV of course is patterned after the 916 due to being the same designer.
here is another pic that shows his former collection of RC45s and my Agusta

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts