Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my 1000RR last friday and immediately installed the Powerbronze clear double bubble screen. Here's some pictures. The screen is pretty good, great look-through quality, almost perfect fit and cool "Fireblade" text instead of "Honda" in the shaded area.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
Looks great. I have a Powerbronze on the 929, great screens. I didn't get any nifty text on mine though.....I feel ripped off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sirkbac said:
Looks great. I have a Powerbronze on the 929, great screens. I didn't get any nifty text on mine though.....I feel ripped off!
I'm quite happy about it actually. Decreases helmet noise, makes it possible to see the speedo/tacho (I'm 189 cm tall, upper parts of instrument panel invisible with stock screen when not tucked) and does not make the bike look like a sport-tourer like some (especially coloured) higher DB screens tend to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
tnarinen said:
Got my 1000RR last friday and immediately installed the Powerbronze clear double bubble screen. Here's some pictures. The screen is pretty good, great look-through quality, almost perfect fit and cool "Fireblade" text instead of "Honda" in the shaded area.
Huge congrats on the new bike :thumb: Hope you have lot's of fun on it this summer! :cool: Screen looks good as well!

ENJOY!!



:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Looks great!

How is the quality of the windscreen? Is it thick like the OEM screen, or thin and flimsy like some popular aftermarket screens?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mako said:
Looks great!

How is the quality of the windscreen? Is it thick like the OEM screen, or thin and flimsy like some popular aftermarket screens?
The screen is not very thick, I'd quess (haven't measured) it is a little thinner than OEM, but it doesn't look/feel flimsy either. Finish is (IMHO) very good as is look-through quality. One thing to notice is that there is a (removable) rubber lining in the upper/rear edge of the screen. The lining looks very cool, but I'm not yet 100 % convinced it will stay in place forever. Haven't have trouble with it yet, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MIB said:
Congratulation for the bike! :clap:
Great bike.

PS: except the underseat exhaust. Change it ASAP! :thumb:
The exhaust will be changed tomorrow, but it will remain underseat. Moriwaki Race Full system + PCIII USB incoming :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
tnarinen said:
The exhaust will be changed tomorrow, but it will remain underseat. Moriwaki Race Full system + PCIII USB incoming :smilebig:
:clap:
..looking forward for some pics ... please.. I will be glad to see the new look.
...maybe some movies.. for the look&sound
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Skully said:
Very nice! Did they skip the 954? I've never seen a PB on a 954. :confused:
I've got a PB screen on my 954. It's their version of a double bubble, but it doesn't have the sharp creases that the LP's have. I think that's why I never had any probs w/tach melt. I like it. :thumb:There's a pic of in the Jennings gallery, DSC00501, it's a side shot, not too great for seeing the screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
THANKS,
Screen looks ace, & as good as i'd hoped for,
much better than another make I spotted on a local bike last week.
I'm happy 2 get one ordered now.

Neil. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
Nillotuc said:
Where can I get one guys please all the sites I have seen don't show it for the 1000RR.
www.streetfightersbydesign.com Look up the # and call him, the guy that answers the phone, his name is Dave, tell him Booth sent you.

He ordered me one from Powerbronze last week and I'm waiting on it right now. I've dealt with Dave for about 2 years now. He specializes in getting the nice European aftermarket bits over here, his shop is in Cali. Sometimes it will take time to get it here due to shipping (he doesn't keep hellastock on hand) but he has good connections in England (He's English I believe, you'll notice the accent ;) ) so he can source out what you need. :thumb:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top