Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m rebuilding a 99 Blade but I’m having trouble identifying a part.
I can’t find the O ring for the fork compression adjuster ( near the bottom of the fork)
the web microfiche doesn’t even show the adjuster. Does anyone know where (or what size) I can obtain them from in the uk?
Bicycle part Material property Wood Carbon Metal

thanks, Ian.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best thing to do is take out the Washer/O ring ,measure inside /outside and thickness diameters and order one in, here are 2 good Company's in UK
They should have what you need
IDK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had thought about that but I wasn’t sure if it’s size would have been distorted having been used.
I’ll have to do that if nobody’s changed them before and can remember the size.
Thanks for the response, Ian

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you checked with David Silver Spareparts?

Reactions: Sparky71

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but they can’t supply a part that isn’t on the Honda parts list, I sent the photo above to which they said ”how strange”
I also contacted Honda UK but they were worse than useless And advised me to join the Honda owners website to ask them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you see part below from Revzilla.

Font Line Pattern Art Circle

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,334 Posts
Your best bet is to remove it and try and match it. The older forks 95-97 I believe showed the adjuster in an exploded view, but for some reason they didn’t on the 98-99. The 98-99 is a smaller adjuster as well, they are not the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your best bet is to remove it and try and match it. The older forks 95-97 I believe showed the adjuster in an exploded view, but for some reason they didn’t on the 98-99. The 98-99 is a smaller adjuster as well, they are not the same.
Yes it’s looking like my only option. I didn’t know the earlier models had them, I thought it was just the later ones.
Thanks, Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts