Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought an exhaust without an oxygen sensor connection is there anything i can do or do i have to send back the exhaust? I have a 2006 honda cbr 600 f4i. I didnt realize i bought the exhaust withouth the Oxygen Sensor connection. I thank you if someone could help me out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have bought an exhaust without an oxygen sensor connection is there anything i can do or do i have to send back the exhaust? I have a 2006 honda cbr 600 f4i. I didnt realize i bought the exhaust withouth the Oxygen Sensor connection. I thank you if someone could help me out.
You can:

a) send it back and get the right can
b) use the can as-is and modify the wiring at the O2 sensor so it doesn't throw an error code.
c) modify the can to accept the sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok how would i know an error code would show up? i was told by sumone my Fi light would come on but it hasnt come on yet and iv been riding without an exhaust on the bike for a3 days now just waiting on my motoGP exhaust to come in the mail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok how would i know an error code would show up? i was told by sumone my Fi light would come on but it hasnt come on yet and iv been riding without an exhaust on the bike for a3 days now just waiting on my motoGP exhaust to come in the mail.
Yep, the FI light will come on if there's an error code. If your bike does not throw a code, and you're ok riding it that way, then rock out. I can't really say weather or not that could damage your bike. I do know folks who would never run their bike that way, and I also know folks who've run it without the wires connected to anything. Basically it's up to you. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.