Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... quick question about whether or not I should get the 15$ O2 Sensor Eliminator from Dynojet on my bike:

01' 929, it has a K&N air filter, and Jardine RT-One slipon.

My ECU started throwing the error code 23 lately, which is O2 Sensor Heater. I've been reading a lot on the forums with search, but it seems the discussions all the way back to 2004 seem to ride the fence if its needed or not on a slipon system.

Mind you, the eliminator is probably cheaper than a new O2 Sensor so I may go that route any way unless advice from the boards is not to.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not from America, but isn't it just the Californian model that has O2 sensors and evaporation control gear on it?
I've got a 954 and it has only the PAIR system on it, allowing fresh air into the exhaust. I long to get rid of all stuff like that, exhaust valve and airbox flapper, but don't because I don't want to mess up a smooth power curve. Your bike doesn't need the O2 sensor, or evap control, maybe it'll be easy to convert to the spec of bike from another state, or europe.
Have you got a catalytic converter too?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a cat on the bike, and pretty much the only reason I was wondering whether or not to get the O2 sensor eliminator was to kill the FI light on my bike, which is triggered by my current O2 sensor which I'm assuming has broke...

I also don't want to screw around too much with the exhaust flow etc (might as well just get a full system), so I won't put too much effort into changing the emissions systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts