Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here have an O2 sensor eliminator installed on their 954. I'm supposed to install one in connection with my PCIIIr, since I have a European model, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it goes...???

Help, please-please! Images would be nice :)

-North

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Your bike doesn't have a o2 sensor.
Why are you trying to elimate it? read your pc3 instructions again, you may have read it wrong about the o2 sensor.
The US california models have an o2 sensors whichs need to be bypassed to allow the pc3 to work correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure?
On Dynojets homepage it states that the European 954 needs an O2 sensor eliminator. I heard differently elsewhere, but I could not verify it. The Danish Dynojet importer said I needed one and shipped it to me, so naturally I believed him, but since I cannot find anywhere it would fit, I was starting to doubt it again.
Anyway, if anyone have a Workshop Manual with some diagrams/drawing/whatever, feel free to post them or send them to me...

best regards
-North

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If your bike has an 02 sensor (does it??), unplug it, I think it's a 70 ohm resistor you need to do it, stick the wires of the resistor in the 02 sensor connection and electrical tape it. There is like four holes in the 02 sensor connector, I just tried them all until the check engine light went off.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
North : Are you sure?
In a one word, NO

But I was positive the european and aussie bikes are the same and the aussie 954 does not have an on sensor, not that I've looked for one on my bike, But then again you learn something everyday, maybe some one else could jump in and have a look at their bike (I'm at work at the momment)

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Ca. model 929 had an O2 sensor, If you have one you should see it screwed in to your exhaust pipe right before the can. If it's there then just follow the wire up to where it plugs in at and disconnect it then plug the eliminator in it's place.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I have changed my can and there was definitly no o2 sensor near it, so I stand by my comments that i do not think yours should have one either, but i have been known to wrong before

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi y'all!

Here is my 2 cents.. I don't think all 'euro-bikes' are the same.. I know my 929 doesn't have a lambda/O2 sensor, but i know the 929's built for Germany have them..

Maybe it's the same with the 954's??

Shouldn't be to hard to spot if the bike has a O2 sensor.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
See, You do learn something new everyday thought all euros were the same

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info.

I don't think I need the thing anyway. Bike runs just fine without it...

-N.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts