Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from the shop. Was riding it and it just stopped running. After about 1 1/2 months they finally figured out it was the Ahlmans (sp) spedometer recalibrator that was bad. Disconnected it and everything seems to work just fine... except.. I now have a red light on my dash and an F1 light displayed on panel. They (the honda shop) tell me it is because I have a bad O2 sensor. They wanted $150 to fix it. I know there is a resistor that can be used to bypass it. How, what, where.. all the usual questions. I tried to look up this subject but couldn't find it even though I know it's been discussed before. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
502 Posts
A 330ohm resistor from Radio Shack, which will cost about 25 cents, with the ends soldered to the white wires will keep the F.I. light form coming on. This is assuming you're on a 929.

·
Registered
148 Posts
330 Ohm works on the 954 as well. There's one on mine right now. As Latebraking suggested, Radio Shack has 'em. I didn't need to solder, though, I just shortened the leads on the resistor a bit and pushed them into the plug across the connectors for the white wires, then zip-tied it in place and zip-tied a rubber cap over the whole thing to keep moisture and dirt out. No FI light, runs great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the info. Where exactly do I locate the resistor? I have the shop manual so I guess I can figure it out eventually.

Old Guy

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Old guy on Rocket : Thanks everyone for the info. Where exactly do I locate the resistor? I have the shop manual so I guess I can figure it out eventually.

Old Guy
you plug the two wires into the connector the 02 sensor came out of, there are four holes in the connector if I remember right, so it took a couple tries to get it right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts