Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumb: :thumb: For Oakley customer service! I have a pair of Minutes that are more than a few years old. A couple of weeks ago, the ear piece snapped in half. I called Oakley to see if I could purchase a replacement ear piece, but they don't get replaced on that model. The entire frame would have to be replaced. They told me to ship them with a check for $29 for processing (because they're out of warranty). If they determined it was a defect, they'd replace the frame. From NJ to CA and back was only 2 weeks. I got them back yesterday...new frame for $29. Can't beat that. I was very pleased! Another reason I like Oakleys so much!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get my Oakleys from my local Honda dealer...we get a discount on all purchases since a new bike was purchased from them. :)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Yep, I sent my Juliets in for new lenses last summer and they came back completely refreshed. The frame actually looked like a new one, but I couldn't be sure. New nose pieces, temples, lenses - the glasses were like new.
All that for $70 and had them back in only a few days.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
MetallicCarrot said:
... I love the polarized lenses,....
I have polarized Ray-Bans. Do you see a lot of weird surface distortions on stuff? FOr instance, the back windows of cars with the defrosters look all spotty. Kinda cool actually, feel like the Terminator or something. I'll never go back to a non-polarized lens, regardless of cost. Course, I have a pair of $15 knockoffs for riding that I'm not afraid to lose or wreck.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I've got a pair of Xmetal XX's that I dropped like $300 on that I'd like to have "refreshed"... Ya know, tightened up, cleaned, etc... I might have to give them a call and see if they will refurb them for me.

Love them. I have a big face and they fit my eye sockets like tigerblade fits in a love sack.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
I have polarized Ray-Bans. Do you see a lot of weird surface distortions on stuff? FOr instance, the back windows of cars with the defrosters look all spotty.
It's not just the defroster, it's the window tint. The tint causes the colors, but the defroster wires helps to make the spots. All of my polarized lenses (all Oakleys) do the same thing, and you can see it looking out of or at any tinted windows.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a pair of frog skins that were 3 years old when the arm broke.
Called up Oakely expecting the great service that I have heard about over the years. They told me that they are a discontinued model and the best they could do was give me $45 credit to a new pair.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Oakley are a class act for sure. The only brand I'll ever buy. In fact it's the only brand I have bought since 1994. Currently have have a pair of Polarized Half Jackets.:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Pete said:
It's not just the defroster, it's the window tint. The tint causes the colors, but the defroster wires helps to make the spots. All of my polarized lenses (all Oakleys) do the same thing, and you can see it looking out of or at any tinted windows.
:plus1:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pete said:
Yup. Also, wearing polarized lenses under a motorcycle helmet doesn't work so well for me, either. You seem to lose depth perception. I'd use polarized for non-under the hemet use! :)

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I can only do it if they're great big aviators... that way you're not trying to look through a crossbar when in a crouch. I'd prefer a tinted visor, just haven't got around to buying one yet.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ive still got my original pair of sweeps with the iridium lens. Now those are some fookin old shades. Circa 1992 or so.:D Also have about 4 other pair that are more modern and functional.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Pete said:
It's called interference. The same thing that oil does when viewed on the asphalt, it reflects certain light frequencies while filtering others (which normally make up the full visible spectrum).

sheeze, didn't you guys ever take chemistry?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts