Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I believe the count is up to three attempts; at least three they have stated. There could be ones they won't talk about.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I guess when you think about it Bush is about as unpopular as they come and they have managed to look after him to this point in time.
Isn't that the truth.. Yeah the security with technology these days would make it really hard for anyone to really carry out anything that would have a chance..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bush is a horrible president. But the type of people that realize Bush makes bad decisions are reasonable people, not the type of people that decide to assassinate someone. Racists are not reasonable people. Unfortunately, the ability of some nobody to do real damage is far easier than most people think. A good example is a handful of guys bringing down the twin towers with nothing more than box knives. All you need is someone crazy enough to try, and not fearful of the consequences. I believe the threat is real.

So Bigdaddy, out of curiosity. If a black person (aboriginal) were to be elected prime minister of Australia, do you think that the racial tension would be serious?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Bigdaddy, out of curiosity. If a black person (aboriginal) were to be elected prime minister of Australia, do you think that the racial tension would be serious?
Not in Australia no, while we have our share of racism here I think it is a very different situation to the USA. And I have lived and worked in the US so I have first hand experience with both countries.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Did you see some of the polls? Based on exit polls, 92% of the black voters in some areas voted for Obama.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bigdaddy75 you got a extra couch I could crash on? I think I am gonna have to move now lol
I don't think you would like the bunch of clowns we have in charge here right now, we elected a bunch of fools for the sake of change and now they are busy spending up our countries budget surplus that was created by the previous government that was not afraid to make the tough decisions. Don't even get me started on the ear picking wax eating Robin Hood wannabe we have in charge right now... :rant:

·
Registered
598 Posts
A friend of mine joked this morning;
Everybody woke up in a safer world this morning. Except for Obama!

There are obviously quite a large number of white supremacists in the US, its a big country so no surprise there are a number of radicals on any side of the proverbial fence.
Someone will try and have a pop - there's always one - and I can think of many presidents who have had some threat of assassination at sometime during their tenure...Is the threat any better or worse to Obama?

Probably not.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
There's no more white supremesits in the US than there are black supremesits, the majority of our nation disagrees with the aryan kooks me included. It's unfortunate that they are the loonies that crawl out of the woodwork.

We've had four president's assasinated, several have had attempts on their lives. You can please some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time. I voiced my opinion and voted. It's over and done with I just hope we as a nation survive this presidency.

Because of social policies we just focus on the ignorant inbred white minority.

You don't get to hear about the gang related violence nearly as often that occurs far more often that is ethnically motivated and performed by non-white gangs against white people for the very same reason just because theyr'e a different color.

I'm an equal oppurtunity hater, race or gender doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You can bet Obama's security will be stepped up considerably. On the other hand, I'm sure enough people wanted to see George W popped too! I don't know if there has been another president hated so much. Certainly not all deserved and not by me.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
From here in Australia they are calling the US election, they are also making a point of mentioning the threat from the radical groups within the US that might try to "interfere" with the first black president. How real is that threat?
I didn't vote for Obama. Can I see him getting killed? Yes. In a car accident, from an allergic reaction to shell fish, etc...
Otherwise, no. It still would be murder in my books.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My philosophy is, "the greater a president the bigger the risks of assassination attempt"
Maybe Bush knew this and to ensure his safety figured he should be a really crappy prez.

And if Obama has any party to be fearful of it certainly isn't the White Supremicists or the Klan clowns.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did you see some of the polls? Based on exit polls, 92% of the black voters in some areas voted for Obama.
While that is a large number black voters make up a very small % of the whole electorate. Black voters usaully go about 90% democrat anyway so this isn't a big jump. The truth is that Obama did very well among the most educated people in the country.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts