• John McCain

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I like the look of this guy looking in from the outside I don't think Mr Obama can win the election and become president of the USA. My reasons stem from the fact that the base of voters for that party is divided to a point where he may not have the time to unite them. Also I think he is seen as a bit of a risk and at the end of the day the US voters will go with a safe option in these very uncertain economic times. I'm happy to be educated otherwise.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
As much as I like the look of this guy looking in from the outside I don't think Mr Obama can win the election and become president of the USA. My reasons stem from the fact that the base of voters for that party is divided to a point where he may not have the time to unite them. Also I think he is seen as a bit of a risk and at the end of the day the US voters will go with a safe option in these very uncertain economic times. I'm happy to be educated otherwise.
Who and what is the safe option in your mind and why?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Most times, you need younger and less experienced. Its the older and more experienced ones that cause all of the hell most of the time (comming from and x-soldier that has been through hell because of'em)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've heard the same things bigdaddy. Though I've been watching a fair bit of american news broadcasts and some political forums. The feeling is that McCain will have an advantage because there is a large population of people who dislike Obama. All he needs to do is keep within a 5% margin of Obama and the rest can be modified during the vote counts, presto he'll be 2% in front.

Even if Obama got in he'd have Clinton floating around like a bad smell and it's almost guaranteed that he'd get assasinated. He is working at a loss because he's a black man and 'inexperienced'. Inexperienced in being a deceitful polly perhaps... I think he could do good things.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I wouldn't vote Obama anyways because I'm a conservative but he's the better between himself and Hillary I think. Their party is very divided now and Obama has questionable judgement in who he associates himself with and I think we'll even hear more as the election draws near. That could hurt him. I'm not big on McCain either but not much choice on that side. McCain will likely appeal to some Dems who don't like Obama because McCain is more middle of the road. That's my Canadian 2 cents.

·
Registered
564 Posts
McSame middle of the road...its hard to tell where he stands the way he flip flops. This is the guy that states we can win in Iraq in four more years? The guy that supports Bush's tax cut for the 1%. All he has to do is get on the board of some oil company and we will have a carbon copy of the last 8 years of hell. I think America is tired of the Right. I know I am.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Most times, you need younger and less experienced. Its the older and more experienced ones that cause all of the hell most of the time (comming from and x-soldier that has been through hell because of'em)
But you have someone that recently got into the federal politics and has yet to do anything. He has taken the safe route so he has no record. Since he has no record and takes the safe route, when you are president you need to make decisions. You cannot just say, I'll let the others vote on it so I don't look bad. The buck stops at the president and Obama like sto pass it; so he should be passed upon.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I don't like McCain either and no I'm not a Clinton fan. If these three were the only ones who wanted the job, uggggh. I'll take the job; I couldn't do worse than what those three are capable of.

Obama - Doesn't have a stand on anything
Clinton- Has a stand on everything but changes depending on who she is talking too.
McCain - Likes waffling and the only stand he can do requires a walker. Clear

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It is sad that that's the best they have to offer. So now it's the best of the worst I guess. Reluctantly I'd still have to go with McCain but it hurts. I know I'm Canadian but I do enjoy US politics and watch it quite closely.

·
Registered
367 Posts
im voting for mccain. obama's proposed tax plan is a joke. something like 40% income tax on people making over $100,000 per year. give me a break. he says hes for the average american but does he not have millions in the bank, and also has somewhere to the tune of 43 million in the bank right now for his campaign.
I honestly dont think obama will make it to November. he'll be shot before then sad enough to say but this country is not ready for a black president

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I wouldn't go that far, just not him. Colin Powell would make a good president as would Condoleezza Rice.

Obama as racist as one can get. For being hald white and half black, he ignores the white side and when he had the chance toss his grandma under the bus.

·
Registered
291 Posts
But you have someone that recently got into the federal politics and has yet to do anything. He has taken the safe route so he has no record. Since he has no record and takes the safe route, when you are president you need to make decisions. You cannot just say, I'll let the others vote on it so I don't look bad. The buck stops at the president and Obama like sto pass it; so he should be passed upon.
The buck doesn't stop at the president which is why ill decisions are made and the responsibility always falls into some sort of intelligence debacle or a break further down the chain.

Obama may not have a track record but he doesn't have a filthy track record. In his defence he appears to have morales and humanity in his objectives. The lying and deceit (make no mistake it's not just accusations) that's been rife in office for far too long do the founding fathers shame.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Really. So you have Obama that doesn't make decisions, is a racist. Let's look at a little more of his record:
2006: Voted on Senate floor in favor of S. 2611 to reward illegal aliens with amnesty Sen. Obama voted in favor of final passage of S. 2611 which includes an amnesty (both immediate and deferred) for 10.2 million illegal aliens (6.7 million illegal alien workers and 3.5 million illegal alien spouses and/children). S. 2611 passed by a vote of 62 to 36.

Opposes gay marriage; supports civil union & gay equality. (Oct 2006)
The civil rights movement was a success. (Aug 1996)
Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)

So what does he support? He voted no on a ban but he opposes gay marriage.

limit management compensation to 50 times the lowest-paid full-time worker.

Just what we need, the gov't that can't run itself telling companies how to run.

Battles legislatively against the death penalty. (Jul 2004)
Supports alternative sentencing and rehabilitation. (Jul 1998)

Which some cannot be rehabilitated. That is right, he wants to raise taxes to pay for it.

Voted YES on banning drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

So we can also thank him for oil prices going up.

US policy should promote democracy and human rights.

But yet his party is the opposite; look at China.

I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair.

So the gov't need to have programs and so much for the Second Amendment.

Believes health care is a right, not a privilege for the few.

Clinton tried the same thing and who will pay for it? Maybe he needs to look at some of the gov't plans in other countries, not all work.

Balance domestic intelligence reform with civil liberty risk. (Jul 2004)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)

So what is he for?

He sponsored a law that ensures workers have advance warning if their employer is about to conduct a mass lay-off.

You have the right to leave your job when you want with no reason, they also can let you go for no reason.

Obama doesn't accept campaign contributions from lobbyists or political action committees, but that's a change from his past practices. He accepted their donations until he launched his presidential campaign.

Has he said hello to the pot?

He belongs to a racist church and is a racist himself:
""Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois today urged hundreds of blacks not to vote along racial lines next week in Maryland's Senate race. Obama, the only black U.S. senator, came to the state to rally support for Democratic Rep. Benjamin L. Cardin, who is white. Cardin's Republican opponent, Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, is the first black candidate ever elected statewide and has been courting black Democrats."--Associated Press, Nov. 3

"The nation's only black senator, Barack Obama, D-Ill., asked voters at two black churches and at a Nashville rally to elect [Harold] Ford, a Democrat who is trying to become the first black senator from the South in more than 100 years. 'I know that all of you are going to work the next couple of days to make sure it happens, because I'm feeling lonely in Washington,' Obama said at the Mt. Zion Baptist Church. 'I need my dear friend to join me.' "--Associated Press, Nov. 5"

"Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has received an endorsement he might well wish he hadn’t — from the militant Palestinian group Hamas.

Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas’ top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, delivered his endorsement in an interview with WorldNetDaily and WABC Radio in New York."

He is also friends with known terrorists.

"During the Memorial Day speech in New Mexico, Obama suggested his grandfather, the late Stanley Dunham, engaged in combat. But the Democratic senator’s autobiography says his grandfather never saw “real combat.” Also, Army records apparently contradict Obama’s claim his grandfather signed up the day after the Pearl Harbor attack."

"Asked how she feels about Bill Clinton’s use of the phrase “fairytale” to describe her husband’s characterization of his position on the Iraq war, she first responded: “No.”

But, after a few seconds of contemplation, and gesturing with her fingernails, she told the reporter: “I want to rip his eyes out!”"

What you see in Obama may not be real. What record? he stays out of the tough votes. So you think Obama has been honest?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts