Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hittin some twisties today, bein a little hard on it, however not REAL hard. I have a 52 tooth rear sprocket *which is crap, I hate the person who had the bike before me* so when I ride at about 65 my bike is around 6k RPMS an yuck. So when I'm cruising around 65 I can feel kind of like a.....I don't know how to explain it, like a tick on my gear shifter. Like it ticks an I can feel it in my boots if my toes are under it or over it. It's not harsh but it's odd. It's not kicking out of gears or anything. I still havent replaced my clutch but what could this odd sensation be? 00 cbr 600 f4:idunno:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I was hittin some twisties today, bein a little hard on it, however not REAL hard. I have a 52 tooth rear sprocket *which is crap, I hate the person who had the bike before me* so when I ride at about 65 my bike is around 6k RPMS an yuck. So when I'm cruising around 65 I can feel kind of like a.....I don't know how to explain it, like a tick on my gear shifter. Like it ticks an I can feel it in my boots if my toes are under it or over it. It's not harsh but it's odd. It's not kicking out of gears or anything. I still havent replaced my clutch but what could this odd sensation be? 00 cbr 600 f4:idunno:
How is the oil level? I agree with you; I'd ditch that sprocket in a heartbeat. Clutch shouldn't be causing that. That would be gearing issues more than likely.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil is full, but I used a semi syn 10w40. You think maybe it's getting too hot? An I just changed it about a week and a half ago.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You did use motorcycle oil correct and not car/truck oil right??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it was uh.......GTX something. I don't have the container anymore, however I made sure it was the correct API service rating and it's not energy conserving. I don't think it was motorcycle specific. Did I make a mistake? If so, I have my new clutch, springs yada yada. Should I drain the oil and flush the system and get like valvoline syn motorcycle oil, and then report back?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was uh.......GTX something. I don't have the container anymore, however I made sure it was the correct API service rating and it's not energy conserving. I don't think it was motorcycle specific. Did I make a mistake? If so, I have my new clutch, springs yada yada. Should I drain the oil and flush the system and get like valvoline syn motorcycle oil, and then report back?
you need to make sure it is made for wet clutches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, drained the oil, and replaced my tired clutch. Used Mobil 1full syn sports motorcycle (for wet clutch application). She rides like a top. An that odd sensation that was throwing me for a loop, my chain was loose enough it was tapping my shifter. My chain and new sprockets should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help man, newbie mistakes for the win. I'm sure i'll be back soon.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Alright, drained the oil, and replaced my tired clutch. Used Mobil 1full syn sports motorcycle (for wet clutch application). She rides like a top. An that odd sensation that was throwing me for a loop, my chain was loose enough it was tapping my shifter. My chain and new sprockets should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help man, newbie mistakes for the win. I'm sure i'll be back soon.
:thumb: good to hear it's taken care of and back up and running. that chain had to be hella loose to be slapping the shifter. that's crazy and the first time I have ever heard that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts