Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have my '01 929 in a state of disassembly, as I am cleaning it. I turn the power on, with the body-plastics off, and check my status, you know, as the parts go back on, as I have had some problems with cooling-fan switches, lost keys, brake-bleeding, etc...

So, I look down, and low and behold: ODO, not the trip ones mind you, but the ODO itself, was reset to zero. Freaking zero.

People:
WTF!?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now thats odd, I thought they have some kind of internal memory that can't be reset....:idunno:
I know!

I feel really squirrely about it. I can't sell the bike like, ever, now...Nobody will believe the mileage...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Maybe it's an internal malfunction of some sort with the gauges? I would send the gauges off to this company that calibrates the mileage for like $40 fee.

I can't remember the url address but someone here should. If you remember the mileage they can set it back to that.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe it's an internal malfunction of some sort with the gauges? I would send the gauges off to this company that calibrates the mileage for like $40 fee.

I can't remember the url address but someone here should. If you remember the mileage they can set it back to that.
That is a good idea...Unfortunately, because I have to "remember" the actual mileage, whether or not I send it in, and would have to disclose that I did in fact send it in to be recalibrated, why not save the $40 plus shipping and skip the middle man? No matter what I am sorta screwed on the issue...I would never get top-dollar in a sale now...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I know!

I feel really squirrely about it. I can't sell the bike like, ever, now...Nobody will believe the mileage...

I don't know what you're talking about. your bike is worth more now :D

"FS: 2001 Honda CBR929RR, clean, low miles, adult ridden"

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know what you're talking about. your bike is worth more now :D

"FS: 2001 Honda CBR929RR, clean, low miles, adult ridden"
:rotfl:

·
Banned
543 Posts
I've been going through stator hell and my battery has been in and out so many times I'm thinking about putting a hinge on the drivers seat. Through all of this the ODO has retained it's memory. Did you make any electrical connections in the instrument panel with the battery connected?

·
Registered
902 Posts
While his stator suffered no ill effects from the recalled tainted Chinese gas, the odometer fell violently ill and suffered irrreversable memory loss.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
That is a good idea...Unfortunately, because I have to "remember" the actual mileage, whether or not I send it in, and would have to disclose that I did in fact send it in to be recalibrated, why not save the $40 plus shipping and skip the middle man? No matter what I am sorta screwed on the issue...I would never get top-dollar in a sale now...
how many miles are on it? how much do you want for it?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zero miles, baby...

No, really between 16,500 and 17,000...I have not really been riding it too much, and the last time I changed the oil was at 16,500..That was at the end of April, and was the last group of days I really rode the 929...I have been '51-ing it to try to learn the new bike, but so it goes. I don't have any intention of selling it...I regret selling every car, drum-kit, and motorcycle I ever have sold in the past, so this one is staying around...I was just editorializing on the implications of a spontaneously-reset odometer on a hypothetical resale...I have no intentions to sell at this time. I am selling a small auto gps unit, but that is another matter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts