Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any installed the OEM Honda quickshifter themselves? I have seen the instructions online but none the wiser. We’re does the connection from the shifter go to going by picture below?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that unfortunately I’m none the wiser with the install instructions. I might have to get someone more knowledgable to install it for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure where the evap cover is on the photo I posted. Does the side fairing have to come off or not?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Sorry, I can't help with such detail. I do have a 2018 SP2 which came standard with the QS. I have the instructions in my files of goodies just for reference.

If you feel uneasy, I think it would be wise to get someone who's already done it or a decent workshop, ideally not a Honda dealer or they'll charge £110-plus per hour!!.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys strange why they included that step on the instructions. So In theory it should be even simpler to install 😉

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Thats right, it's just a generic Instruction for around the world , in fact the EU manual only shows an exemption for KO (Korea) but the USA will probable have them ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so got this far myself on the final stretch. The manual says adjuster bar to 265mm. Seems very high foot position. Does it have to be that length or can make it so gear changer lever is lower

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Go to page 11-23 and 11-24 of the Workshop Manual, it will show you how to adjust pedal height, (loosen lock nuts on tie-rod and adjust pedal height, then tighten locknuts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that looks lime I will have to buy the short connector tool the pin in the 2 hole trick ain’t working to initialise the thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts