Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have two cases that I would are out of 954s as they would come from the factory. I then also have a brand new one ordered from partzilla.
Both the originals seem to be coated with at least this final grey coating.
But the brand new one doesn't seem to have anything like the coating on the stock ones.

Has anyone seen this??

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So I have two cases that I would are out of 954s as they would come from the factory. I then also have a brand new one ordered from partzilla.
Both the originals seem to be coated with at least this final grey coating.
But the brand new one doesn't seem to have anything like the coating on the stock ones.

Has anyone seen this??

What do you mean by "case"?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow yea I'm sorry. I could swear I had typed that all in coherently.
I meant to say two crank cases as they come in the bike.
Two meaning one in the bike I bought.
Then another I bought used off craigslist.
They both had attempted welds near the stator.
Then I bought a new case from partzilla.
My understanding was that the cylinders in these cases were suppose to have-- correct my spelling here--alumiseal or nickaseal or something from the factory.
And the different coloration and then grey paint like coating in the old ones would lead me to believe something to that effect.
But the brand new one does not have that grey coating or different under nickel shiny coat that the others do.

I'm curious if other folks have seen this. If for some reason when u order through partzilla or maybe for that matter direct from honda a brand new case that they don't actually put that coating on anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts