Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a problem with the 2001 929 and was wondering if any of you know the solution.

My headlights went dim, the turnsignals dont work but are bearly lit up on the front, the back brake light works, tail lights work and turnsignals are real bright in the back but dont work.

The dash lights inside my cluster are dim also.

when I unplug the front headlights everything seems to work right...I had aftermarket lights in it...but swithced back to factory lights and it made no difference.

any help would be appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Sounds like a short or ground problem in the front. The rear turn signals aren't working because of the load problem in the front.

I'm not too familiar with the wiring up there, but make sure you've got a good ground to the affected lights, then check for bare wires/shorts. Have you done any wiring up there?

·
Registered
847 Posts
You said you had aftermarket headlights. Were they higher than the stock 55w? If they were sounds like you might have overheated some of the wiring for the headlights, which could have caused the load problem that is affecting the rest of the lighting. If it did permenant damage (shorted a wire by literally melting the insulation), it would continue to do that even after you went back to stock bulbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bearhunter : I had aftermarket lights in it...but swithced back to factory lights and it made no difference.
High watt bulbs cause silent damage. You think everything is honky dory while it's overheating your wires and connectors and causes damage over time.

I'd check my wiring up front. If you see connectors that look overheated or welded you've got a strong clue. That's what I would start with.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Regulator/rectifier? could it possibly be that?

Just thought Iwould throw anothe rpossiblity in, just in case...

Z...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Check the front blinker wiring first. They are a 3 wire system (if still stock) and I bet two are making contact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts