Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a horrible feeling I have done some damage to my Blade! In order to loosen the throttle cable I took the tank off to get to the carbs etc... Anyway, cleaned the K&N and as I usually do run some Redex through the carbs giving her a good rev to clear out any coke and shit that might need to come away.

Put her back together and now she is acting like she is flooded - but its been two days now and two charges of the battery!!! All I am getting are lots of spluttering and backfires!!!

Tony...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did you mess with the firing order or somehow hit the carbs in the process and hit the idle screws? Your going to have to rip her apart again and look at it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nope, can't see anything missing or loose! She just turns over then BANG! Thats it!
Take the plugs out and have a look to see if they are fouled (they probably are). Turn the engine over without the plugs in and try and blast some of the crap out of the holes. Cleanup the plugs, replace them and then try again.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Changed the plugs and she started first time! Thanks guys!!!

That plastic Air Director that has to come out to get to the plugs came very close to being taken into a field and shot!!! Is it an absolute necessity?

Tony...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts