Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have been seriously wrong with my assesment of this shop. I thought this dyno shop was going to be a joke at first. Yes, I decided to give these guys another shot at Maximum Performance and Handling. The same shop that told me I couldn't save my custom map and that I would have to go to the shop if I ever needed it reloaded. Note to business owners, don't let unqualified people answer the phone if they're not sure what they're talking about, may scare off potential customers. Anyway, Doug yelled in the background "yes, you can save it to where ever you want".

So I dropped off the bike this morning and I go into the shop. In the parking lot there's this huge race setup RV with "MPH" logos all over it.

:eek: There were at least a dozen race bikes in the shop, a beautiful drag setup Busa, custom choppers (S&S?), along with plenty of other sportbikes.
Then I noticed "his" bike. Bright orange GSX-R 750. Where have I seen this bike? Wait a minute, Doug? This is the guy who was practicing before a race at Nelson Ledges while I was finishing up a Advanced Street Rider event. Now I remember. I was all giddy in turn 5 when I almost dragged a knee puck and this bright orange missle comes flying past dragging his freakin elbow! Passed me like I was sittin still. After lapping me a couple hundred times I followed him as he pulled a power wheelie through the entire straight! (He's pretty tight with the owner of Nelson Ledges) He also gave some instruction during one of our classes. This guy has been racing a long time. I saw his trophys in the shop, 2003 WERA First Place GSX-R 750, trophy here, trophy there. And I was questioning if he knew how to dyno a bike. :crap:

Well anyway, the bike is there and we'll see what happens. They already told me they're behind schedule and it may be Saturday before I can pick it up.
Still unsure of some of Doug's comments in prior conversations (synthetic oil, starter valve procedure, mapping), but maybe I was talking to one his techs. I just can't remember. I do want to shoot the sh$t with him when I pick up the bike.

Yea, I was worried about reminding these guys about my reversed shifting and normal running temperature and ideal A/F range. Now I feel like I just tried to give an Abtech racing tips. :rotfl:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Cool,post the #'s when it's done.The last line made me laugh,I have felt like that before.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hahaha funny. But just remember, coz he can ride fast, doesn't mean he knows how to dyno a bike........the guy that rides our SP1 is a friggin weapon, but what he knows about mapping a bike, you could put on the back of a postage stamp and have an acre left. Let us know how you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts