Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, I have decided to sell my 954 :eek: . I don't ride it enough as it is, and with Tucson's endless 100+ degree days just around the corner now is probably a good time. I WILL NOT get on the bike without full gear (I don't even like riding in my textile jacket), so the bike will just languish further. And no, I'm not selling any gear. As many of you know, I'm planning to move (just a tad) before the end of the year, and this will just remove one danger from the equation.

I have decided to sell, rather than ship to OZ - I'll just pick another up over (down) there. I will be selling the Ohlins damper, frame sliders, and swingarm sliders separately. The only mods the bike will have are a 15T countershaft sprocket and Ahlman's speedometer correction unit. The stock, basically new 16T will also be included. Oh, and I won't be putting the "mud flap" back on, but it will come with the bike.

Details: 2002 CBR 954, red/black, mint condition, Avon 45/46-ST tires (lots [most] of tread left), oil currently in engine is Motul 300V 15W/50 (due to be changed), 8,400 miles ( :crying: ). $6,500...

I'll post the accessories after I've thought about them for a bit.

Whew! I feel like Chain's apprentice here!

edit: forgot to add - extended warranty through 6/28/07

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can't you hang onto the accessories, ship them down here and throw them onto your new aussie 954? Or are you planning on getting something different?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Are you sure you're going to be buying another 954? If not, sell the goodies and use the cash to buy what you need for whatever bike you end up getting. Sorry you'll be wheelless for awhile, but the tradeoff sounds worth it. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
alexandra said:
I agree keep your accessories if you are definitely planning on buying another one. Either that or you can sell them to all your new OZ buddies once you are there. ;)
Yer I was thinking that as well, he might be able to buy up on some gear over there and make a bob or two selling it at this end....assuming he gets through customs without it costing to much.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hang on, hang on. We're assuming he's going to get here. I believe the airforce are intending on intercepting and shooting down any plane he MAY be on and the navy is ready to sink his ass should he try and paddle :D

Could've been due to someone letting slip that he was actually born in pakistan and his name is Ishmal Bin Drinkin :eyebrows: So Baccy, when they ask you your name at customs dont tell them I Bin Drinkin, got that? :D

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! RayGun, sorry for waffling (re: "Chain mode"), but now I'm not sure what I want to do with the damper. I.e., sell it, keep it... :idunno: I'll keep you in mind as first in line though, should I part with it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thread Jack alert! Where you moving too, Bac?

The wife and I are thinking of going down to Sydney next year. Might have to stop in a see you if your close.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.