Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally installed my ohlins 2 way adjustable rear shock and dk linkage this weekend.

I noticed that the rear sits about an inch or so higher than stock. Also the dk link slightly touches my hindle exhaust.

Is this right, should it raise the rear height of the bike an inch or so? Also do you think it will be a problem with the clearance issue on the exhaust?

Thanks

Steven

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Really? Oh, wait. Just thought about that a little more. Sorry. I'll be in the corner if you need me.

HD
No problem, it sounds right, but different terms for different adjustments . . .

I think your advice is correct. Since the Kyle link adds ride height (don't know how much on the Blades, but the RC's are around 5mm at the shock), I would wager his shock is also "stretched" and should be set to the same eyelet to eyelet length as the stock unit before installing just to get a starting point. If you don't take both of these into account, you get Funny Car ride attitude very easily.

·
Registered
925 Posts
abtech said:
No problem, it sounds right, but different terms for different adjustments . . .

I think your advice is correct. Since the Kyle link adds ride height (don't know how much on the Blades, but the RC's are around 5mm at the shock), I would wager his shock is also "stretched" and should be set to the same eyelet to eyelet length as the stock unit before installing just to get a starting point. If you don't take both of these into account, you get Funny Car ride attitude very easily.
I forget--but I am pretty sure the link didnt raise the rear by more than a few mm's call Dan

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Trackho said:
I forget--but I am pretty sure the link didnt raise the rear by more than a few mm's call Dan
If he is seeing 1" at the tail section, then the combination of the shock length and the link height increase (even if only a few mm) would be over 18 mm measured over the original link height/shock length. I think the shock is probably slightly extended . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts