Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an Ohlins 46 PRCLS for my 954. Now i just need to find a baseline setup. Is anybody still runing this shock or did everyone switch over to the triple?

What i need help on first is ride height. How do i measure for the correct ride height? Do i count the threads showing on the bottom, or eye-to eye? What would stock be, what is recommened?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
gerry said:
Just got an Ohlins 46 PRCLS for my 954. Now i just need to find a baseline setup. Is anybody still runing this shock or did everyone switch over to the triple?

What i need help on first is ride height. How do i measure for the correct ride height? Do i count the threads showing on the bottom, or eye-to eye? What would stock be, what is recommened?

thanks for the help
Is it possible to put it next to the stock shock and measure?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
booth23 said:
Is it possible to put it next to the stock shock and measure?
Thats my initial plan. I just dont know if the recommended shock length for the Ohlins is the same as the stock shock.

·
Registered
925 Posts
gerry said:
Thats my initial plan. I just dont know if the recommended shock length for the Ohlins is the same as the stock shock.
I would just back the eyelet out to the groove...approx 6-7mm---might as well use the benefits of the ride height---should be best

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
As far as the compression/rebound is concerned, Ohlins defaults for your bike are a good place to start. I run almost stock rebound/compression, just tweaked one of them a little bit. The guy that I bought my R/T forks from, raced his RC, and only needed to tweak the compression slightly. Just get your Sag set up properly and don't go too extreme with the ride height and it should handle quite nice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i managed to find some settings that dan recommended. 14 clicks out comp., 12-13 out rebound, 25-30mm sag. i'm assuming these were for the double adjustable since there is no mention of high-low compression.

i'll use these as a baseline but i'm not sure about ride height. on the ohlins website i found the length of the 46PRXLS which is the 3-way 954 version (288mm). i guess i'll try this length, my question is how would i properly measure it. is it from the outer part of the eyelets, inner part, middle? anyone have a suggestion on how to get an exact measurement?

thanks

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
gerry said:
i managed to find some settings that dan recommended. 14 clicks out comp., 12-13 out rebound, 25-30mm sag. i'm assuming these were for the double adjustable since there is no mention of high-low compression.

i'll use these as a baseline but i'm not sure about ride height. on the ohlins website i found the length of the 46PRXLS which is the 3-way 954 version (288mm). i guess i'll try this length, my question is how would i properly measure it. is it from the outer part of the eyelets, inner part, middle? anyone have a suggestion on how to get an exact measurement?

thanks
It is measured from the middle of the eyelets.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
managed to put it on today, took me a while to get the stocker off but once it was off, the ohlins went on easily.

what i did was measured the stock shock from eye-to-eye (outer part of eye) and matched it with the Ohlins. i'll measure middle next time, but this worked for my own reference.

one mistake i made earlier today that had me worried is when i was trying to get the rebound to stock, 12 clicks out or something, i got confused and though i had to go to full soft then count. well, i kept spinning it and it kept clicking until i realized it was never gonna go soft. did i fu*k anything up? (LESSON LEARNED)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts