Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ohlins damper install

Should I use blue loctite on all bolts? Will I still be able to get the inner panels off without loosening off the tank bolts after install? What size socket do I need for the steering head?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Should I use blue loctite on all bolts? Will I still be able to get the inner panels off without loosening off the tank bolts after install? What size socket do I need for the steering head?
I can help with two of the questions.

Yes, I personally would and did use BLUE loctite when installing my rear shock, as well as any other bolts on the bike. You cannot go wrong with the loctite, just don't get it on your plastics.

Secondly, the steering head nut on a 929 is 30mm, probably the same on the 954.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I suggest blue loctite and be careful not to crank too hard on the bolts (use a torque wrench if at all possible). When I originally installed my Ohlins I didn't use loctite and had bolts coming loose (no doubt because I tightened the bolts by "feel" only). I now have blue on the bolt threads (sparingly) and would assume there would not be a problem in removing them.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
One other thing, if you need me to test the forks for fit and finish, I can furnish a "ship to" address, it would only take me a few seasons to give them a good test. :smilebig:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts