Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the Ohlins R&T forks installed tonight, easy enough....just got a little confusing when it came to centering the front wheel, the wheels spacers, and the new axle bolt.

what is the exact process? I do have the install instructions.

seems like the left side(as your sitting on the bike) axle shoulder extends into/between the fork legs, actually becoming a spacer itself. On the right side the stock spacer is replaced with the provided ohlins spacer, which is then butted up against a sleeve that is installed in the right fork leg axle hole, ultimately providing a shoulder for the ohlins spacer to butt up against.

Finally, the axle shoulders that fit inside either side of the fork leg holes are recessed about 3/8" respectively.

Lastly, ohlins provides an aluminum axle bolt that replaces the factory steel bolt, do I torque this bolt to the same 78 Nm?

does this sound right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: ohlins R&T's installed, but have a question before I can ride her........(954)

got an email back from Dan Kyle, it's all good!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: ohlins R&T's installed, but have a question before I can ride her........(954)

I'm thinking about putting a set on my 954 this Spring, let us know what you think of them...........enjoy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here's some pics:

·
Registered
768 Posts

Quite nice, aren't they?

·
Registered
443 Posts

Looks great.. I could only wish.. :crying:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Looks nice!!!! Have you ridden it yet to see how they feel?

Looks like your gonna have to go with the brembo radial mounted monoblock calipers to match those bling bling forks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

no, have not ridden it yet, going to install the DK rear link and Ohlins rear shock today before I take her out, I want to see exactly how much difference there will be changing out the complete suspension

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

just finished installing the DK link and Ohlins rear shock, one thing I can say for sure, the Ohlins suspension has a taller ride height, maybe it will settle some over time, also the DK link is a very close to my Arata high mount exhaust, may need to do a little clearancing.........looking forward to riding this thing tomorrow!

·
Registered
126 Posts

just finished installing the DK link and Ohlins rear shock, one thing I can say for sure, the Ohlins suspension has a taller ride height, maybe it will settle some over time, also the DK link is a very close to my Arata high mount exhaust, may need to do a little clearancing.........looking forward to riding this thing tomorrow!

have you re-set the sag?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts