Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I think I'm listing mine for $650 shipped, and I haven't had any nibbles...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I sold mine recently on the board for $600. I probably could have asked more, but I didn't feel like it, nor did I need to.
I think $600-$650 is a plenty fair price to pay.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
eeeeek : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Nov. 04 2003, 11:06am)I think I'm listing mine for $650 shipped, and I haven't had any nibbles...
That amazes me.  Throw it up on ebay.  I bet you'll get at LEAST $600, probably $700.
I'm about to

·
Registered
422 Posts
what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
2OHOH2954 : I think I'm listing mine for $650 shipped, and I haven't had any nibbles...
*THUMP* I sent you a message asking you how much it weighed so I could work out shipping to Aus and work out a deal... now tell me how much it weighs or I'll wander over there and...

Z...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Zeeman : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Nov. 05 2003, 1:06am)I think I'm listing mine for $650 shipped, and I haven't had any nibbles...
*THUMP* I sent you a message asking you how much it weighed so I could work out shipping to Aus and work out a deal... now tell me how much it weighs or I'll wander over there and...

Z...
Odd. I missed that one somehow

I'll check into it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
crazycuRRie : what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested
I'm just curious...do you guys think a shock that's been raced is worth less?

·
Registered
925 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (crazycuRRie @ Nov. 05 2003, 12:58am)what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested
Not if it was 'adult owned' and never seen rain---

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (crazycuRRie @ Nov. 05 2003, 12:58am)what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested
With the same number of miles as a non-raced shock, yes, because it would likely be closer to needing a rebuild.

·
Registered
925 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Quote (luvtolean @ Nov. 05 2003, 1:20pm)Quote (crazycuRRie @ Nov. 05 2003, 12:58am)what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested
With the same number of miles as a non-raced shock, yes, because it would likely be closer to needing a rebuild.
But most racers rebuild their shocks every year--costs $75-$100---mine was rebuilt 6 mos ago

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, and aren't ridden in the rain (in cA), are cleaned often, and typically have low miles...  I'd rather get a shock from a knowledgeable racer than a street guy.

I think the most abused shocks are the ones on bikes that do lots'a street stuff with some trackdays but no racing.

But I was just curious, I wanted $550 for mine and nobody wanted it...maybe that's why?  

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Trackho : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Nov. 05 2003, 1:38pm)Quote (luvtolean @ Nov. 05 2003, 1:20pm)Quote (crazycuRRie @ Nov. 05 2003, 12:58am)what model ohlins is it and haw mant street/racing miles on it. might be interested
But most racers rebuild their shocks every year--costs $75-$100---mine was rebuilt 6 mos ago
Right, but that was not part of my qualifying statement.

I'd rather have a shock that was recently rebuilt than one that's been on a street bike for XXXX miles and hasn't seen a wrench since the day it was installed.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
luvtolean : But I was just curious, I wanted $550 for mine and nobody wanted it...maybe that's why?  
Where were you when I was buying mine? $550 and no sale?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts