Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting an Ohlins shock,its the 46PRC model,pretty much just a stock replacement version.
Would it be worth while getting,I mean would it be much of an improvement over the OEM shock?(which couldn't cope with my supercorsas at the track)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What have you done to the front? My RR kind of sucks in the front in my opinion :idunno:
Maxed out the preload,I think 1 turn in on reb and 1/2 turn in comp,works really well for my weight 180pds.Really confident with Pirelli's on.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I suggest you have them resprung and revalved the change may stun you. I did the RC and am so impressed I will likely have the RR done and I only ride it on the street (at a sheep slow pace). I think the RC was better in the front to start also.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest you have them resprung and revalved the change may stun you. I did the RC and am so impressed I will likely have the RR done and I only ride it on the street (at a sheep slow pace). I think the RC was better in the front to start also.
I'm really happy with the front end,its the rear at the track causing grief,wish I knew that before I sold my old rear ohlins to Phobiaphobe:rant:

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMO the ohlins fitted to my 954 is much better than the standard unit. Most noticable on trackdays. As soon as i fitted it (with stock settings) i noticed that the edge of the tyre was chewing up less that with the standard shock (same track, same weather etc). This indicates that it's working better. However, the biggest difference will be found (again IMO) by fitting ohlins springs to the front and setting it up properly.

Simon

·
Registered
768 Posts
After I put on Ohlins on the back of my 929, the track tire wear improved quite substantially. Mine can last almost twice as long with the Ohlins vs a fresh factory shock. It makes the bike ride better too. It is smoother, a bit less tiring. It handled bumps on the track better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMO the ohlins fitted to my 954 is much better than the standard unit. Most noticable on trackdays. As soon as i fitted it (with stock settings) i noticed that the edge of the tyre was chewing up less that with the standard shock (same track, same weather etc). This indicates that it's working better. However, the biggest difference will be found (again IMO) by fitting ohlins springs to the front and setting it up properly.

Simon
Thats exactly the reason i'm looking,I chewed the crap out my rear at the last track day.Front on the 06 is spot on but the rear struggled.
Thanks guys,I know what I need (want) to do.
I wonder if the wife wants an Ohlins shock for xmas:p

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put an ohlins on mine last year along with ohlins springs up front. I'm 5-11, 285 lbs. so I got the 265 lbs + rider spring on it. I got the guys at my track club to dial in the suspension after I installed it.

I could tell the difference in the 100 foot ride back to our paddock.

Better, dialed in suspension made a world of difference.

And, my tires have lasted longer.

We race at VIR and Summit Point in Va. and they can tear up some tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts