Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some1 please consult with me about using the best oil and oil filter combination...... Save me!!!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Can some1 please consult with me about using the best oil and oil filter combination...... Save me!!!!!

Filter - stick with OEM.
Oil - any good motorcycle semi-synthetic.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hey p4l, how's it going? Bladeracer is right on the filters. We can all agree to disagree about semi vs. full synthetic. If you want semi that's great. It'll serve you well as it's served BR. If you want full synth you can use it, you just have to make sure it's JASO-MA rated. I run full synthetic with no problems and glossy smooth shifts.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Main thing with oil is that it's changed OFTEN. I'll take dino oil changed often over a bike that's been run with fully synth that hasn't been changed that much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx fellas. But if it ain't a bother, what oils are you guys running. Right now I have Mobile1 4t loaded in the bike(whats your thoughts on it). I called Honda and not only did they recommend the stock filter but so did they say I should use Pro Honda oil. Saying it is specified for the bike. I think they make a basic10w40 and in synthetic blend 10w40.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The GN4 oil is pure dino. The HP4 is semi-synth. I've used both for a LONG time and had no issues.

I use Motul 5100 now, and I've really noticed the shifts are easier.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I use Mobile1-4T because it's available at any AutoZone for a good price. Usually about $10/qt.
When I have the time to go to a dealer, I use Honda HP4S 10W-30 full syn. About $14/qt. I've tried other oils, but these two are the top performers for durability and glassy smooth shifting. I get 4000 miles in between oil changes.
The HP4S is the smoothest performing oil I've been able to find.

Filter; Mobil1 or OEM. Just depends who's closer and open and in stock.

all about oil - http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0308_oil/

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for asking. This may solve my problems of me believing I was burning oil. I have 08 CBR1000 with only 3500 miles on it which I'm in love with. I know oil will burn off and its normal but it seems as if I top off to much. Plus when I pop a fat wheeling, my friend said he saw a small smoke puff come from my exhaust. So hopefully this greatly appreciated oil info will help.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanx for asking. This may solve my problems of me believing I was burning oil. I have 08 CBR1000 with only 3500 miles on it which I'm in love with. I know oil will burn off and its normal but it seems as if I top off to much. Plus when I pop a fat wheeling, my friend said he saw a small smoke puff come from my exhaust. So hopefully this greatly appreciated oil info will help.

A small percentage of '08 Blades are known to burn _a lot_ of oil, try searching the forum.

·
Registered
330 Posts
OEM filter and Redline full synthetic in my 'blade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts