Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

High Oil Consumption '08 Fireblades, What Country Are You from?

• United Kingdom

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The observation was recently made that most of the '08 Blades that are burning oil seem to be from the U.K. That may just be a consequence of the majority of the forum members here being from the U.K. On the other hand there might be something peculiar to those particular machines that is causing the oil consumption issue. I just went through a frame recall on one of my bikes and found out from experience that you have to make a lot of noise before the manufacturer will admit there is a problem.

Kruz:patriot:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
222 Posts
:eek: Nah red, I'm just not in denial. Gonna play wait and see for Honda to come up with a fix.

Kruz:patriot:
Neither am I. I actually own one and it doesn't burn any perceptable amount of oil. Don't you think you've started enough threads on the subject matter, considering you don't own one or own one that burns oil? Or are you just :stirpot:?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Neither am I. I actually own one and it doesn't burn any perceptable amount of oil. Don't you think you've started enough threads on the subject matter, considering you don't own one or own one that burns oil? Or are you just :stirpot:?
Actually I asked him to start this one out of curiosity. Mine doesn't burn oil either but I'm still wondering in case it does in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts