Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the manual it suggests to change the oil filter every 2nd oil change (or 12000kms). Any thoughts on this? I change my oil every 3500-4000kms and it would be great not to have to shell out extra cash for a new filter if it's not needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know a lot of people that change their filter every other oil change. I change mine every time I change oil 3,500 to 4,000 miles. At $8 I think it is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
never2old : I know a lot of people that change their filter every other oil change.  I change mine every time I change oil 3,500 to 4,000 miles.  At $8 I think it is cheap insurance.
I change it every time

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Just change the filter each time. I have never reused an oil filter between oil changes, on a bike or a car/truck. As was mentioned, it is cheap insurance!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I change the oil every 2k, and the filter every other oil change. I'm sure that's overkill, but I use cheap oil, so I don't care.

Honda recomends oil changes every 8k miles or something rediculous like that, so I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Honda states 8k oil change intervals. I would say that a better oil filter such as the Amsoil or Mobil 1 filter would last 8k easily. the HOnda filter is good but I would say 6 months (standard time frame) or 5-6k whichever comes first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts