Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the fairings off my bike after my track day to give it a good clean due to the wet track, Found an oil leak coming from the top of the clutch cover possibly from where the wiring loom exits. Never had even a trace of oil , but i guess it's going back to the dealer for a warranty repair

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you dont get enough sealant around the half moon rubber gasket (where the wire loom exits), it WILL leak. Mine didnt start leaking until after a track day as well. Unless your dealer is quick with your repairs - save yourself the wasted time of visiting him and waiting and reseal it yourself.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about fixing my self, I know it's not a big job as I have the same cover off my mates 929 at the momment, It's just the dealers can get funny about us fixing things when they are covered by warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually just did this on mine 2 weeks ago. Just laid the bike on it's side(i have so many scratches it doesn't matter anymore), took cover off, peeled away all the old sealant(there is no gasket on this side), cleaned it really well, let dry, apply a new bead of silicone gasket maker, slapped it all back together. I was riding 2 hours later and it's fine.
I doubt a dealer is going to help you, its just a silicone bead, they wear away after a while.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply.
I have the clutch cover off my mates 929 at the momment, so I know it's not a big job, Just thought it might be best for the dealer to do seeing it is under warranty, just in case later on I have some other sort of problem and they say 'someone has been working on this motor, we will not give you warranty'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts