Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I made service of my Honda CBR954RR this weekend to get her ready for Spring/Summer.
When i made oil change and after started my bike twice to get oil out in system and filter i tried to read oil level in window.
Because i was alone it was hard to see if bike was straight and now my question.
Either i am right under MAX level or little over.
What can happen with bike if it has 0,1 liter to much?
Should i try to take oil out or wait until i make my first ride to see if it goes down a bit before try to take oil out it it is over MAX?

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I saw this question in your other thread but didn't answer because I can't give a definite answer.

However, in the absence of any other reply, my feeling it that max level is acceptable limit from Honda. If there is only a small amount over the upper level it should not present a problem, BUT if it is a lot it can increase crankcase pressure (in some bikes) and/or blow out of the breather tube - which you don't really want.

Therefore, it is important for you to check the level properly with the bike on a flat and level surface. If there is too much oil, you will need to 'syringe' it out with a syringe used for removing brake fluid etc from master cylinders. Just attach longer hose on the syringe and push it down the filler hole.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I will look up with a friend help to be 100% sure and if it is over i will take som oil out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw this question in your other thread but didn't answer because I can't give a definite answer.

However, in the absence of any other reply, my feeling it that max level is acceptable limit from Honda. If there is only a small amount over the upper level it should not present a problem, BUT if it is a lot it can increase crankcase pressure (in some bikes) and/or blow out of the breather tube - which you don't really want.

Therefore, it is important for you to check the level properly with the bike on a flat and level surface. If there is too much oil, you will need to 'syringe' it out with a syringe used for removing brake fluid etc from master cylinders. Just attach longer hose on the syringe and push it down the filler hole.
View attachment 106600
I bought that pump and took out 2,5 DL oil and now it is in level with help from my brother sitting on bike.
Thanks for help @nigelrb

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Cheers. Might be more a peace of mind thing, but at least you know now that all is okay, and that you can head out for a safe ride when your weather's good!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts