Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got done fixing 2nd gear, and adding a factory pro shift kit, everything went fine but now that it's together again I keep getting this oil light and whenever you touch the throttle it goes away.. I figure it's not the bearings because it didn't have this problem before the rebuild, anybody have some input? I have no idea on where to find the special pressure gauge to check at the sensor so I guess I'll start withy pulling the exhaust and checking my sump.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys, I just got done fixing 2nd gear, and adding a factory pro shift kit, everything went fine but now that it's together again I keep getting this oil light and whenever you touch the throttle it goes away.. I figure it's not the bearings because it didn't have this problem before the rebuild, anybody have some input? I have no idea on where to find the special pressure gauge to check at the sensor so I guess I'll start withy pulling the exhaust and checking my sump.

Sounds like it's idling too low?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it's idling too low?
It was actually my oil pump, I just finished a rebuild to replace 2nd gear and must of left my oil pump loose, so I took the basket off and applied
Blue loctite to the pump's bolts to prevent this from happening again. I've had it together for weeks and with 4 rides I've yet to make it more than 5 minutes away without something going wrong. Thanks got the help though!

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,145 Posts
It was actually my oil pump, I just finished a rebuild to replace 2nd gear and must of left my oil pump loose, so I took the basket off and applied
Blue loctite to the pump's bolts to prevent this from happening again. I've had it together for weeks and with 4 rides I've yet to make it more than 5 minutes away without something going wrong. Thanks got the help though!
Lets hope this turns your next ride from 5 minutes away to 5 years (from having an issue)! Nice work on your own trouble shoot. We'll put this into the archive for the next oil light issue. Well Done and enjoy the next ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts