Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start from the beginning.

I bought an F2 from this guy everything sounded good. Road it home (2 hour ride). Let it sit overnight to find my exhaust full of fuel:eek:. So i cleaned the carbs, put on a new petcock, cleaned the gas tank, put it all back correctly (im 100% sure), changed the oil with 3.5- 4quarts of 10w40 castrol motorcycle oil, left the old filter on there since it was new but made a small indent in it when taking it off to drain (figured it wasnt a big deal), then i started it up and right away i heard the engine making a loud noise(not sure where its coming from) could be a tap or even a knock, maybe the chain like i said im unsure:idunno:. I also notice he oil light was on right before shutting it off. So what do you guys think is wrong? also how do i check oil pressure on it? Where on the dipstick is the full mark? Can you buy motorcycle oil filters from places like walmart or autozone other than buying one from a motorcycle shop? What could cause the oil light to come on/ on and off? What should the oil pressure spec be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts