Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if any of the castrol syn oils are safe to run in the bikes now? I'm due for a change and all the mobil 1 15/50 has been changed over. Just curious if we can run any other cage based syn oil????

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Just use maple syrup. It is everywhere and pretty cheap. Why support the oil-mongers if you don't have to. There are no politicians with ultra-top secret camoflauged maple syrup tanks sitting in the Nevada desert next to the faked Mars landing site full of maple syrup ravaged from some foreign nation for their ultra top secret personal maple syrup company.
Besides, maple syrup will give your bike a wonderfully delicious smell.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maple syrup and waffles. Mmmmmmmmmm....waffles.
Hey, speaking of waffles, did anyone catch Kerry's latest miscue?

Sorry, but it's an oil thread and was bound to get jacked.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I've been around a long while. Knew it was going to happen

Pre-thread jack (worse that this)------> Cockholes :thumb:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
BDA116 said:
Hey, speaking of waffles, did anyone catch Kerry's latest miscue?
[runs in to the thread out of breath....]
Do tell..... :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's a fundamental rule of thumb for you, BigDawg. If the Castrol synthetic oil
contains no molybdenum (moly, for short) then you should be good to go. Moly
will likely cause clutch slippage. Keep in mind, though, that purpose-designed
synthetic motorcycle oils such as Motul or Amsoil add extra measures of
selected compounds specifically to deal with factors in a motorcyle engine that
are not encountered in an automobile's, such as substantially higher rpm loads,
wet clutches, and constant mesh transmissions.

I'd opt for the best lubricant I can find. Amsoil or Motul for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Baketech said:
[runs in to the thread out of breath....]
Do tell..... :)
He 'thought his mic was off' and stated - to a group of union top dogs - that his Republican critics were "the most crooked lying group I've ever seen."
He knew exactly what he was doing as his campaign is the dirtiest in years, but he wants to pre-empt any release of detailed history on his voting and war record with venom to try to throw people off.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just make sure the oil doesn't say " ENERGY CONSERVING"(contains additives that are bad mojo for wet clutches) on the bottle and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I run Delvac 15-40w a little extra zinc and its only 5.00 gal...works better than my specro ever did..

·
Registered
469 Posts
BigDawg said:
Anyone know if any of the castrol syn oils are safe to run in the bikes now? I'm due for a change and all the mobil 1 15/50 has been changed over. Just curious if we can run any other cage based syn oil????
Duh, use the Mobil Racing 4T. It's the Mobil 1 for bikes. You should have been using this all along!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FuTAnT said:
Duh, use the Mobil Racing 4T. It's the Mobil 1 for bikes. You should have been using this all along!
I would have if it was worth it. Mobil 1 cage oil is the same thing. Was the same thing anyway. They have now gone to a moly additive that isn't compadible with our wet clutches so now I'm looking for something else. MC specific oil is really nothing but high priced cage oil in a MC bottle.

Found a Motul dealer local so going to go with the 300v. Seems to be a prefered stuff...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
BDA116 said:
He 'thought his mic was off' and stated - to a group of union top dogs - that his Republican critics were "the most crooked lying group I've ever seen."
:thumb: There ya go!

Sorry BigDawg :crap:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Clean1 said:
http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/oil.html

Here's another good read. I run Motul in my bike.. I find that it works well with the tranny.... 20 bucks extra for Motul, or another Motor cycle oil that may work better in the long run is well worth it to me...... I've always been a brand name kinda guy.. lol..
Even the tests done in those articles are rather misleading. If they want to find and asnwer, you have to compare the SAME calibre oils from the SAME manufacturers. Ie, Mobil Racing 4T v's Mobil 1. The Shell Helix range for bikes, v's Shell Helix for Cars and so on and so on. This method of just picking out random oils that aren't really on a level footing doesn't give us proper results. It makes we want to do a fucken thesis on the topic and actually do it right! *ponder*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts