Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 CBR 929 that needs a oil change. I was thinking of 20w 50 synthetic since it worked well in my 01 GSXR 600. What are you guys running?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm sure most people on here are going to tell you that 20w-50 is a bit thick for a 929 or any sport bike.

For optimal performance, the recomended oil weight 10w-40 is probably your best bet, even though i use mobil 1 15w50, i would say no thicker then that. my 2 cents.

My next oil change will be mobil 1 mxt 10w-40 for sportbikes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll go with 10w-40 then. I called the Suzuki dealer when it was time to change the oil on the gixxer,and they told me run the 20w-50. It seemed a bit thick but I figured the dealer knew what they were talking about, maybee not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use the Amsoil 10/40 motorcycle oil and you can get a good filter from them too. If you plan to by a bunch then become a prefered customer and you save in the long run. Best of all you don't have to leave your desk to get it. Amsoil

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paul : seemed a bit thick but I figured the dealer knew what they were talking about, maybee not.
stealer, I mean dealers, knowing what they are talking about?  Never seen that happen before...

'cept for NH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts