Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, more problems... When I am riding sometimes I get the throttle sometimes is jumps... Like its missing... The problem I had a while back was due to the connector for the coil packs... Has anyone had issues with this connector or wire? I'll get some pictures tomorrow of the harness I am talking about but this is an annoying issue... This is basically only happening at higher RPM's... I'm also throwing blue flames out of the exhaust when I get off the throttle... Not big flames but small ones... Could it be coils, plugs or carbs? Does the throttle sensor actually work like the ones in a car? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
sounds like carbs, but it could be a break down in the plug wires at high rpm, or maybe slack it the timing chain, you'll have to do a process of elimination

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It does sound like the spark is failing allowing neat fuel into the pipe to burn.

Reactions: Sideshow bob

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
sounds like what all the poser would die to have!! haha..
So, what you are saying is that he should find the problem and fix it and then put the broken part on eBay and talk about the flames? People would pay money for it. You never know, you might get what the new parts will cost.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
exactly.. " i've got this never before seen custom exhaust valve that will allow your cbr to shoot flames out of your exhaust at the local bike night.." hahahah..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahahaha yea... That would be funny as hell... But yea, I think its carb related... Or could be coils... That harness is loose so I guess imma try to tighten it up somehow... Heh... Oh well, time to get married I guess...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, the flames are ok... Heh... Do yall think that once the coils get hot or the wires that they could be screwing up? Basically theres 2 times this hopping problem happens... One when I rev it real high like to 10 to 11k or when it gets over 200degrees... Not sure why it's like that, but I doubt that has anything to do with the carbs now... I am gonna take the tank and airbox off tomorrow since it makes it REALLY easy to see everything from there and see if the coils are screwed and check the plugs and wires as well... Any ideas if it could be the coils?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts