Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Business chum came to see us last week in this nice little black number. I'm not really a big car nut anymore, I've seen the light and it's got two wheels, but I have to say this car was stunning. Fantastic. I want it.

Anyone care to comment on what makes it more than a bit special?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Is that a trick question?

If so, then I don't know enough about Porsches (looks pretty plain to my admiring but untrained eye), if not, then the fact that it's a Porsche Carrera is enough

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nedro, I think you'll find it's pretty exotic (and pretty too&#33

Clue: can you see a little button near the right hand mirror, by the screen wpier.

second clue: It's a red button.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr it's a black frog

Sorry not really into porsches

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red button is a kill switch. (real bummer if you piss off the vagrant at the lights, cus he can switch your motor off! and again, and again!&#33. It's got another on the dash. So marshalls can stop it when you hit the armco at Le Mans

Car is one of 1000 homolgation special RS lightweights built for the Porsche Cup series. 1993. 40 or so made their way into the UK. Car weighs about 950 kg, standard car is about 1400 or so. Magnesium wheels, crankcases, suspension components. Can looks pretty well stock on inside but all non essentials removed i.e. no soundproofing, wind up windos not electric etc. etc. Thinner glass, 2.7mm instead of 3.2mm. aluminium boot (trunk) and engine lid.

Tuned 3.6 ltr motor gives about 360bhp.

Sounded fantastic. Not many cars I lust after but I want one.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
The only thing I noticed was it's ride height. It seems way lower then stock...other then that I had no idea Sounds very interesting though. Get some video of it

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Proto : Car is one of 1000 homolgation special RS lightweights built for the Porsche Cup series. 1993. 40 or so made their way into the UK.
I was going to say.  Look at the shape of the rear flares and the offset's on those wheels.  

That's a freaking rocket...

EDIT: I should have said 'shape' not size of the flares. It looks just a tad different than your run of the mill veranda.

- DH (who has a major hardon for Porche's)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I was hoping the red button was for an ejector seat or machine guns or a smoke screen or an oil slick.

-Shrub

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention the limited slip diff and lightweight flywheel. Back wheels are HUGE.

Owner has had other Porsches. But this is something special and he loves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts