Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, project VFR is taking on the characteristics of a government project and is severely behind schedule. (BTW for those who remember, I ended up buying the VFR700)

I finally got around to pulling the gas tank off and I have a cubic ####-ton of fuel still in there.  So I'm kinda at a loss on how to dispose of it.

I'll make the assumption that I shouldn't be dumping it into the septic system or into the ocean.  

Do I drop it off somewhere?  If so does it need to be in one of those approved gas carriers as opposed to the water jugs it's currently in?  

thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't tempt me.. I pulled 3 gallons of fuel out of it.
I was thinking of putting it all in the emu pit (for making kalua pig, etc) with some wood and lighting up a nice big bon fire but it is quite a bit of fuel

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I was being serious, it's perfectly fine to get rid of it that way (the EPA may not think so), just be careful.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible if above poster (DRider) burns his @sshair or eyebrows at a failed attempt to be 'cool' like Jackass

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Fill up the car/truck almost to the top and dump it in, the bad gas will dilute in the old gas, won't hurt the car/truck, that's what I always do with it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I burn all my left over fuel in the fire pit.

When I lived in a city though, I would run my left-over 2-stroke pre-mixed gas through my old Dodge towing vehicle. It did not care. Hell, I think it ran a little better with the extra oil to seal those old piston rings..

In the few seconds it takes to burn it.. your troubles will be over. Uh.. but of course.. be careful.. gas is a little dangerous... *all legal disclaimers apply*

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
GhostRider : Can also sniff it...gives you a cheap high  

but seriously...I'd put it into my car, along with some new gas.

I'm gonna tell you how I do right now. These guys have some decent ideas but they aren't really thinking into the immediate future.

Next Friday is July 4th. So go find a fireworks stand and spend every free $ you have on the goods. M80's, bottle rockets, the whole 9 yards. Put all the fireworks in one spot and dump all that gas right on top of them. Crack open a beer, and trow' a match that way, back up and celebrate your freedom

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Do you have a lawn mower or garden tractor? My Deere 425 all wheel steer has the best smelling funes you'll ever find as it has had a steady diet of LEADED 114 since I bought it 8 years ago. (Several tanks full have even had Klotz Nitro&#33.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gasoline is explosive. Be careful.

I wouldn't put it in any of my machines either.

Call your local recycling hotline and ask where you can take it. Around here the trasfer station excepts it for free cuz they don't want you dumping it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If it is *really* old I would take it someplace. If it is less than a year old though then find something you don't care a whole lot about and run it through that as others have mentioned. My little pushmower gets any leftover gas that I pull out of the bikes from sitting too long.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts