Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
First proper run out this week since our lockdown started 5 Nov, been a long 5 months, headed down to Rye, was nice just to have a chat to some other bikers and just the usual BS, it was only overhearing a couple of guys talking about road tax, that I suddenly remembered the bloody thing was SORNed and I’d forgot to re tax it, rather slow ride home trying to stay out of the coppers view.
Hence blanking out of the plate. Did the decent thing when I got home and paid my dues.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You’ve got a blade ... looks like a nice day. What with MOTs, tax and insurance on bikes and cars I’m forever forgetting where I’m at too 😊

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, that little 400 is SWEET!
Thanks, funny it gets lots attention wherever it goes, think a lot of guys and girls had these back in the day and have a soft spot for how good they were. Hondas attention to detail in those days was near obsessive, every panel etc is original, but the forks are fully rebuilt and valved internally and a custom made rear shock that allows me to flip to a 17” rear if the 18s supply ever drys up, carbs are fully rejetted and over the years just about every bearing has been replaced, so its a pleasure to ride and that little motor screams and the straight cut cam gears howl when you have it spinning around 15K, and just like it’s big brother the RC30 massively tall 1st gear, but you get used to launching them without embarrassing yourself.

Its just small though, so around 150-200 miles a day and your neck is paying for it for the rest of the week, but the flip side is that it runs rings around superbikes on typical UK twisty roads, it’s just on straights it gets blown away, there only so much you can extract out of 60BHP.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts