Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I obviously new to your group wivh i think is pretty cool.I love my 07 cbr1000rr or i did. Twice now a stranger has dai yo me " yhays a bad ass bikr for an old man". Not really sure how to take that. Eathier thank you or fuck you? Anuway like i said in a previous post I bought my bike last September. I bought it because it was at least a 1000cc and it was in pristine condition or so i thought. It had 9k miles on it wich we all. Know is nothing. Right? Well here i am 8 months later having to do a total engine rebuild. Well almost total. I have to take the cylinder in and have it bored out. New pistons rings ect. .i got the head off this afternoon. Heres what it looked like
20210701_212508.jpg
what really baffled me as that i noticed some else had already yore into this engine. Does anyone know what these markings on the engine mean?
20210701_202557.jpg
these markd are not from the factory and there are also scribe marks on the engine where you split the case so it lines up right whywould anyone do that to a bike with 9k miles on it? The only aftermarket parts i noticed on the bike were the lowering links pn it wich later bw failed on me shortly after a 150mph run down hwy 50 right before folsom. When they fail your rear wheel will lock up because the whole tail section falls onto your rear wheel.lucky for me it happendtwo lights down after i exited the freeway. So anyway there is more to this bike than i first saw when i purchased it. I bought it at motorcycle showroom in rancho cordova. Since i bought it i got rid of the turn signals and went with an intrigated tail light and mirrors with led turn signals built in. And a fender eliminayor for the plate
Replaced the broken lowering links with psr adjustable links. Put B MC air filters and a two brothers slip on exhaust with a power comamder 5. I also added crg levers and a wave rear brake rotor with steal braid brake line. Im tired gotta go.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That looks like a junkyard/dismantler motor. A bike with 9k miles shouldn't have a replacement motor, usually. The carbon build up atop those pistons do not look like that of a motor with only 9k on it.

I was never a fan of those aftermarket lowering links, unless it's the triangles and not the linkage itself (which is common in Europe). The factory link uses needle roller bearings, every aftermarket link I've seen uses brass bushings, that's a step backwards. Then you have to question the quality. Lots of ebay no-name crap out there, but there are some "reputable" companies that make them also.

Since you bought from a dealer, first thing I would do is run a CARFAX on the VIN. Yes, it's been 8 months but if they shafted you with the true mileage and/or history would be easy to shake them down for some of your money back. Especially if it's mileage related.

Dealer's don't want bad press. Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, and Google Reviews scare them, and rightly so.

Badass bike for an old man.😜

1 - 3 of 3 Posts