Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Forged Aluminum Marchesinis a while back from Dan. I called him a few weeks ago and he told me he was able to get a better deal on them by ordering a few sets at once, instead of just one, so I wouldn't have to pay as much. Then they arrived today about 3 weeks ahead of schedule, complete with valve stems. He also had my spacer from ohlins waiting. The Marchesinis require a special sprocket from AFAM, which AFAM hasn't stocked in quite some time (many people around the country have been waiting) so Dan finds another company (I forget the name) to get them from and has one of those waiting as well. Dude, you can't beat his customer service. I will admit, it's a ploy that works well for him and bad for you, he hooks you up, and you go back for more. Like some kind of motorcycle part crack dealer. :smilebig:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
He's made us all crack ho's! :lmao:

Sweet wheels, btw...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get some pics if it means buying a digicam (which I've put off for a long, long time). I like the digital Rebel, but damn isn't Canon proud of it :rant:
I'll borrow one from someone @ work.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yeah I ordered a PCIIIR a couple of weeks ago from DK and I just picked it up from the post office this morning :D pretty happy with the service and saved myself a packet at the same time, hope to install it in the next couple of days and just put a temporary map in untill I get a full system and custom map made up :hyper:

·
Registered
522 Posts
"Dan the Man..."

Yeah, I like the sound of that.. :) Seriously, I've bought all my mods from him so far and it's always a pleasure to go back for more crack.. er.. mods :p .

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
BLING BLING!!

They look great.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Marchesini rims could be dull brown and they'd still be Blingin yo. ;)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True dat. They will let you order them in any color with no additional cost, but you'll have to wait on them :(

They were cheaper than forged aluminum PVM's (only other ones I was looking at)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
booth23 said:
True dat. They will let you order them in any color with no additional cost, but you'll have to wait on them :(

They were cheaper than forged aluminum PVM's (only other ones I was looking at)
Were the OZ wheels not on the short list?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ccwilli3 said:
Were the OZ wheels not on the short list?
No. I only paid like $100 more for these and they are lighter. Since the rear OZ uses the stock cush drive, the weight savings aren't as substantial. :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
The ten spoke 'sinis' are sweeeeet!! They are on my "want" list, might have to call Dan and see wut up. :coolmod:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
booth23 said:
No. I only paid like $100 more for these and they are lighter. Since the rear OZ uses the stock cush drive, the weight savings aren't as substantial. :thumb:
Thats about what I thought... Do they use the same hole pattern for the sprockets or is it marchesini specific?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
That's some serious coin for rims, yo.

One thing that bothered me with these ultra-light weight rims was an article from SportRider (I think) that outlined some issues going from stock to the big buck rims. It seemed quite a few dealt with different high speed issues, or turning issues, or fit with spacers, or special sprockets required, flawed finishes on some.

If I'm spending over $1000 just on rims, they better be magic with absolutely NO problems, NO issues, and look perfect. But then again, I don't think these are for the mostly street/some track days riders. All that said, I'm poor, and I'm jealous.

Anyone else see that article on rims and some of their downfalls? After spending $1300!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts