Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=796&e=4&u=/eo/16099

seems like our healthcare system is hard(ly) at work. why do so many illnesses that are simple go misdiagnosed.

i have known 2 people that have had compliations relating to their gall blader and was misdiagnosed as kidney stones later to return within 24 hours unconscious because of them.

·
Registered
900 Posts
deez said:
There is no $ in the cure!
You don't treat the symptoms of an infection.

I am a medicinal chemist in the antibiotic field.
Infections are difficult to diagnose since there symptoms are vague and common to everything else. Also they start slow and take off exponentionally.
The problem is that you can not send in sample from everybody who comes in with cold or flu symptoms to get tested due to the time and cost.

Bacteria and viruses will be the downfall of the human race.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
TraumaOne said:
If you guys think medicine is so easy, and straightforward, you have no clue...

:nod: :thumb:

I laugh my ass off at the conspiracy "theorists" and AIDS.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I can't tell you how many times we've assessed patients and by the time we get them to the ER, the story has significantly changed. It's amazing how people describe how they are feeling and how we are supposed to treat them according to our interpretation of the patient's opinion of how they feel.

I remember one old man telling me "I feel foolish", I said "what"? He then tells me he feels "giddy". I'm like "oh yeah, I know just how you feel, I can treat that right here in my ambulance". :idunno:

OTOH I've seen docs in the ER call a code and walk away only to have the patient start breathing a few minutes later. I've seen that twice. :eek:

·
Registered
803 Posts
smkeatr said:
I remember one old man telling me "I feel foolish", I said "what"? He then tells me he feels "giddy". I'm like "oh yeah, I know just how you feel, I can treat that right here in my ambulance". :idunno:
The treatment would have been to kick the doors open and toss him out the back on the stretcher..
Fig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts