Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as soon as I start getting comfortable, I put myself in check. Laid my 954 down at about 45 just going up the street to get smokes. Killed my frame sliders, trashed my glove and scuffed my leg/hand up but life goes on. Wasn't near as bad as it could have been...

be safe and ride smart :nono:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
just as soon as I start getting comfortable, I put myself in check. Laid my 954 down at about 45 just going up the street to get smokes. Killed my frame sliders, trashed my glove and scuffed my leg/hand up but life goes on. Wasn't near as bad as it could have been...

another reason to quit smoking!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Sorry to hear that Brandon :crap:

Too bad the lesson learned has to be in a way that kinda pisses a guy off, huh? Glad you came out ok; at 45 mph, that had to be at least a little scary.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts

OHH dear! :crap: Glad you're OK though.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear that Brandon :crap:

Too bad the lesson learned has to be in a way that kinda pisses a guy off, huh? Glad you came out ok; at 45 mph, that had to be at least a little scary.
to be honest, not really. I think because I've already gone down before (for basically the exact same thing, yeah I'm retarded) that it wasn't as shocking to me. The first time I went down scared the hell outta me though. My leg hurts a lot more from this one though. I slid a good 40 feet, my pants or boot got caught on the peg and got drug along for the ride a bit further than I would have preferred, lol. I'm surprised there wasn't more damage

oxman, good point. Ironically this happened about 2 hours after being told by some girl I was talking to at the club that I should quit smoking too...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Glad you're alright! Sorry to hear about the bike too.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. Me and the bike will be fine, just some minor bumps and bruises for each of us lol. Little time to fix mine, little money to fix her's. A month or 2 from now we'll both be golden though

·
Registered
4,673 Posts

:eek:
Glad you're okay!! Were you geared up aside from gloves? TG for the gloves at least!
Sounds like the frame sliders did their job. No other damage to the bike?

I too would like to know what happened. Any ideas?

Will keep my head up, thanks.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear nothing major. What was the cause?
:eek:
Glad you're okay!! Were you geared up aside from gloves? TG for the gloves at least!
Sounds like the frame sliders did their job. No other damage to the bike?

I too would like to know what happened. Any ideas?

Will keep my head up, thanks.
I was wearing most of my gear. Wasn't wearing my kevlar jeans and ironically that's the only damage I took (my keys got ground into my leg from the slide

as for the cause, I know exactly what it was, this is the 2nd time I've done it. Just sloppy riding on cold tires. Completely rider error

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I was wearing most of my gear. Wasn't wearing my kevlar jeans and ironically that's the only damage I took (my keys got ground into my leg from the slide

as for the cause, I know exactly what it was, this is the 2nd time I've done it. Just sloppy riding on cold tires. Completely rider error
Been there done that:crap:, did you feel like getting outside your own body and kicking your own ass!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been there done that:crap:, did you feel like getting outside your own body and kicking your own ass!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
lmao. That's a pretty good way to describe how proud of myself I was at that moment. I do have to say that I'm surprised how tough these bikes are. Each time I laid it down, I expected soooo much more damage than it shows

·
Registered
917 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Get some more Sliders for sure. I hear that for guys like you and I they sell them by the dozen. BTW, Quit smoking too.. I did 12 years ago, I feel much better now.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to hear you are ok. Get some more Sliders for sure. I hear that for guys like you and I they sell them by the dozen.
lol, I had an expensive pair on it the first time I laid it down and replaced em with some cheap ebay ones and they held up perfectly fine this time. Is kinda nice to know, but I guess I'd prefer to have never had to find out lol
BTW, Quit smoking too.. I did 12 years ago, I feel much better now.
yeah, I know. I've been off and on for like the past 10 years. I'll most likely quit this summer when I don't wanna go outside

1 - 17 of 17 Posts