Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good option for uprading the lowbeam headlight on my F4i. I did some searching and didn't find anything that I really like. I don't think that I want to go to an HID set-up and I don't want to convert it over to a dual lowbeam set-up. Has anyone had any luck with just a bulb upgrade like the silver stars or something like that?

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
About a year ago i switched over to the H4 style. It's a HID imitation Xenon type found on eBay. Just don't exceed 80W... may get too hot if you go higher than that and i'd hate to see it damage your headlight or wiring. Mine are a white-blue color and pretty bright compared to stock Honda H4's. The only problem with the non-Honda H4 bulbs is you have to bend the tabs or break one or two of them off the bulb mount. Or you can buy some adapter rings off ebay.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The title is why you havent got much info. :nono: Silverstars arent too much brighter than stock but they are a lot whiter? more white? whatever. I installed Silverstars in both bikes and it was a nice upgrade. But for some reason they do go out quicker than stock. Paying $10-$20/bulb isnt something you want to do that often.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I was feeling funny that day that I made up the title. Usually I try to give my threads a worthwhile title.

I have the Silverstars in my car. Noticed a slight difference but not much. My friend's car blew his Silverstars every month. He finally gave up. I've had mine in my car for two years now with no problems. I might try them in the bike but if I do it will only be on the low beam side.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
i put the silver stars in my F3. i think it was only like 7 bucks for a single, i only have one light and it made a pretty big difference. i can see a lot better. it is whiter like liteitup said. i think it was a better than going to hid's only because of the cost. i have had mine for about 6 months now. i ride almost 1,200 miles a month and no problems. i haven't looked at any other bulbs. i also didn't have to modify anything.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
well. i may have jinxed myself. i was riding home today from work and noticed it didn't look like my headlight was on. i switched to my low beams and it lit up. i pulled up to the car in front of me at a light and put my highs back on and sure enough they are out. i usually run my high beams. oh well. i will shop around tomorrow for a different bulb. i was running the silver stars. hopefully there is something else out there that will last a little longer. i mean, i thought they worked great. just didn't last too long. i just wanted to give you a follow up since it happened to happen tonight. good luck.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
yeah, who would have thought. i was already to buy stock in sylvania. oh well, i still just have my low beams. i'll probably go get a new bulb tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts