Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen this www.keyhole.com ? :eek:

I've seen satellite images before (on TerraServer, among others), but you've never seen anything like this. It is the coolest, most interactive, awesome use of satellite technology. I strongly encourage you to download the trial version and check this thing out. Type in your address or other favorite places around the world, and prepare to be amazed. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
This is reboxed terraserver. Those are pics of my house from back in march before I bought it. Terraserver least gives you options of the dates you can look at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tombstone said:
This is reboxed terraserver. Those are pics of my house from back in march before I bought it. Terraserver least gives you options of the dates you can look at.
Terraserver doesn't come close, IMHO. Everything I've looked at on Terraserver is years old, where it seems like everything I've looked at on Keyhole is very fresh, and the interactivity is amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
looks cool, but my image is blurred...need....to.......focus.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
roadrunner954 said:
looks cool, but my image is blurred...need....to.......focus.....
I agree, no such thing as a detailed picture....unless you wanna look at an entire city. Can't really focus on any neighborhood, and if you want to look at a place that is in the boondocks, the picture is horribly blurred....my example is Keene, NH....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
bwhip said:
Terraserver doesn't come close, IMHO. Everything I've looked at on Terraserver is years old, where it seems like everything I've looked at on Keyhole is very fresh, and the interactivity is amazing.
A few weeks ago I was looking at my house on terraserver. There was two choices a black and white from a few years ago and the newest was from march of 04. March of 04 my house was owned by my mom and plauged with 7 british excuses for roadsters in its driveway.

Keyhole was showing me the same plauged picture from march. Terraservers picture was sharper as it didnt interactively zoom out of focus. Terraserver also lets you zoom out with the same sharpness.

I still say its reboxed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Urban areas are way more detailed, certainly. But if you have an interest in those, it's pretty amazing. Interesting that certain places are not detailed (Barcelona), while other places like Fallujah, Iraq are extremely detailed. Also areas in Afghanistan, etc. Hmmm... wonder why that is? :hmm: :smilebig:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top