Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
dB said:
:p

Don't you have Gila Monsters in AZ? Those are pretty cool. :cool:
Yeah, I see them occasionally on mountain bike rides. They ARE very cool - and very dangerous. Pretty heavy duty neurotoxic venom. Years ago a friend of mine was bitten by a little guy about 8" long (yes, he was trying to catch it :rolleyes: ). Within 15 minutes his vision blurred and his lips started tingling. After 2-3 days in ICU he was released.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Bacchus said:
Bigfoot is a bigwuss compared to your box jellyfish, inland taipan, cone shells, blue ringed octopus, etc., etc., etc. :idunno:
Maybe it's just me, but those sound like they could be some pretty nasty STDs. :p

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
abtech said:
But what about the Armadillos? Those are truly amazing little guys . . .
abtech, you mean rat on the halfshell????

A little known fact about armadillos. They are endemic carriers of Leprosy.

I wouldn't pick up a stuffed one in a tourist shop, but if you think they're cute, knock yourself out!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bacchus said:
maxib, the nine banded armadillo also always gives birth to identical quadruplets. In case you ever wondered... :idunno:
I'll try to remember that for the next time I get roped into Trivial Pursuit (tm)

Fortunately, I don't see those vermin anymore, but when I did while living in the South, I had to regularly dodge them because they seem to have some genetic predisposition to run out in front of *my* car. Running over that overgrown pillbug at speed ruins your suspension. I can't imagine what it would be like on a motorcycle,...uh, yes I can. Can you say deerstrike? I imagine it would be the same result.

I'm sorry to all, I got carried away. Wasn't this about a shark? Well, I don't like them either, unless grilled and served with a nice herbed cream sauce and sauteed veggies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts