Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 'rattle' that only seems to be there when I accelerate - also seems worse when she's cold. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rattle from where, tank , fairing, handlebars, chain etc? :huh:
Wellthats the thing, if I new that I could dig a little deeper. Sounds metalic though - if thats of any help and its not a heavy noise. Sounds almost as if its in time with the revs.

Ta!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My tank used to rattle but i got those rubber pieces and wedged them between the tank and frame.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand from a friend its liable to be the Cam Chain Tensioner that needs replacing. Is this a difficult job?

Thanks & Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone ! ! !

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2006 I just got makes the same noise. I've been told they all do by the dealer and other people who own 2006's. Its sounds like detonation or spark knock. I suspect it could be the fuel injectors. But anyhow I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I understand from a friend its liable to be the Cam Chain Tensioner that needs replacing. Is this a difficult job?

Thanks & Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone ! ! !

The Cam chain tensioner doesn´t make noise in aceleration, only in desaceleration on low Rpm´s. If your are with the bike stoped and acelerate, does it make the noise ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts