Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
That's either NOT a '99 (as they only came in one color, copper/silver) or it's been repainted. And the '99 pre-ban bike was good for 194 right off the showroom floor, fyi...

I've got considerable saddle time on three, one of which is a '99.

I will always love the Hayabusa. Say what you will.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Ya know...I hated the busa when it came out...and I still am not the biggest fan...but as I get older, its starting to grow on me...maybe its the lines are finally working for me...not sure. but it has the power, thats for sure. I would pick it over a ZX12R any day. We will see what Honda poops out though for the XX replacement...if anything.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Chain : ...Say what you will....
lol, you sold your SV less then a year ago for a 954 which you rode for ~6 months? and you're trading that in for a tractor, or looking to, I dont think there is much we could say except you're about as bike-swap-happy as me. I like the busa too, came close to buying a few...the RR's always won, just wanted something smaller and with less ease of attaching a rodent vacuum to it.

TCT/NH: Good pics as well. Its no wonder you hit the blue mark so quick. You guys' auctions definetely look the role and have more then enough pics to satisfy even my curiousity about every detail of the bike, too many pics on an ebay auction is never a BAD thing ever

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chain : That's either NOT a '99 (as they only came in one color, copper/silver) or it's been repainted.
I didn't know you smoked crack.

Do some searching or simply call a Suzuki shop and ask em. 99's came in two color schemes.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
That thing is hellafast, but I'll tell you this...

The fit and finish on that thing is pure unadulterated

Everytime I make a trip to the dyno, Sabin has one of those things up there. The fit and finish is always horrible, fairings look cheap, aluminum looks cheap, cheap looking instrument cluster, hump, or seat cowl, or whatever it's called, it's a big mother f'in hump if you ask me. Maybe I'm spoiled, but the Hondas sure look better.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
nhfirefighter13 : Quote (Chain @ June 27 2003, 8:09am)That's either NOT a '99 (as they only came in one color, copper/silver) or it's been repainted.
I didn't know you smoked crack.

Do some searching or simply call a Suzuki shop and ask em. 99's came in two color schemes.
I stand corrected. You're right, the Bus came in two schemes in 1999.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_99/sportstreet/gsx1300.htm

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Wasn't the copper scheme much more rare, making it that much more valuable?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Wasn't the copper scheme much more rare, making it that much more valuable?
From what I know, it would seem so. Plus most all the moto-rags test flogged the copper variant, putting that image in folks' minds when they read about the bike that stomped all others. And is still stomping them today.

Did you read the Busa v. ZX12-R shootout in this month's Motorcyclist? Another score for the Bus, just like I predicted.

Suzuki, like 'em or not, knows how to make fast motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Chain : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ June 27 2003, 3:06pm)Wasn't the copper scheme much more rare, making it that much more valuable?
From what I know, it would seem so. Plus most all the moto-rags test flogged the copper variant, putting that image in folks' minds when they read about the bike that stomped all others. And is still stomping them today.

Did you read the Busa v. ZX12-R shootout in this month's Motorcyclist? Another score for the Bus, just like I predicted.

Suzuki, like 'em or not, knows how to make fast motorcycles.
we all called that the desert storm edition!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bacchus : Did you ride it?  Huh?!  Huh?!  
Briefly, VERY briefly. Acceleration is absolutely incredible.
The bike seems to be put together quite nicely.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NinerPilot : NH,
  Just to be an @$$ and critique your description, I BELIEVE that the 99 Busa is the fastest mass produced bike going through the trap at 192 where the newer ones are limited to 186.  Like I said, I think this is right, but I may just be pulling it outta nowhere.
Chris
Are you agreeing with my description of the bike or not?

I said in the auction:
Quote This is one of the fastest motorcycles on the road capable of nearly 200 mph.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
NinerPilot : NH,
  Just to be an @$$ and critique your description, I BELIEVE that the 99 Busa is the fastest mass produced bike going through the trap at 192 where the newer ones are limited to 186.  Like I said, I think this is right, but I may just be pulling it outta nowhere.
Chris
Nope, you are correct. The following year with the threat of governing bikes, Both the New Kawi and Suzuk placed resrtictions on their bikes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts