Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious of the general opinion... I"m considering getting a different helmet for warmer weather. Would an open face or half helmet be an out of the ordinary chioce for 1990 vfr 750f ? I'm liking that Bell - Custom 500 speed soul helmet.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Curious of the general opinion... I"m considering getting a different helmet for warmer weather. Would an open face or half helmet be an out of the ordinary chioce for 1990 vfr 750f ? I'm liking that Bell - Custom 500 speed soul helmet.

I wouldn't wear an open-faced lid on anything.
I've had three crashes that damaged the front of my lids.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Do you know how painful it is when a bug splats in you in the face....even at 30 mph let alone any higher speeds :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
I wouldn't wear an open-faced lid on anything.
I've had three crashes that damaged the front of my lids.
Do you know how painful it is when a bug splats in you in the face....even at 30 mph let alone any higher speeds :eek: :eek:

Two good points, when I came off the front of my helmet got a hammering

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good advice. Thanks. Any suggestions on breathable full face then? I'm suffocating in my Scorpion.
A helmet that fits you correctly (snug and consistent) will breathe a whole lot better than a helmet that is too loose for you. Arai has excellent ventilation, but even Arai wont ventilate if the helmet is too big. Fit is also a safety issue, if your helmet is too loose its not going to protect your head like it should if you go down.

When the helmet fits you snug the air flows through the intake vents and moves to the exhaust vents like it is supposed to. If there is space between your head and the helmet it creates dead air and the vents will not do the job they are designed for.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:eek: open face:eek::eek:

mate of mine hit a war memorial once and after it caved in the front of his full face helmet braking his jaw, nose and cheak.....

I swore I'd never wear a open face helmet*....

altho calling him the son of elephant man kept us amused for weeks, I don't think the outcome coulda been giggled at if he'd had a open faced lid on:crap:

*not that I ever liked them anyway
... p!sspot! P!sspot!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mate of mine faceplanted when the bike highsided him and the whole front of his helmet got a pretty harsh treatment from the road. Wouldnt like to see what would of happened to an open face in that situation.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Open face helmet ......you would be mad, you might as well ride in a g-string with leather chaps for all the good it would do you .:eyebrows:
The 'chaps ' REAR their ugly face again !! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I was kinda nosing round for a new helmet last year (as ya do) and found this one and I just loved it...

product_image_1808.jpg

But there was one huge problem.. The front piece comes off and flexed quite easily and I was standing in the bike shop flexing it while the images of what may happen in a 'face plant' situation ran through my head..

The helmet went back on the shelf as I kinda like my face where it is, in one piece and on the front of my head.. :thumb:

I went on to eventually buy this one as I wanted one with the inner sun visor and the fog mask..

HJC.jpg

I wear the fog mask all year round and the venting in the helmet is brilliant.. I've not once felt hot in it and the weathers actually been hot here for a change :D

·
Registered
20,980 Posts

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I would wear the chaps and g string before an open faced helmet. Something about protecting my hands and face I just can't ignore, but I could shave up an ass cheek no prob.:D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts