Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a 99 CBRXX I bought in 09 and I'd like to ride it a bit less and clean it up, it now has 50k on it. I've had 3 bikes to share the riding mileage.

There's an 03 954RR (Last year of production?) locally with 14k miles on it, condition was reported as "like new" for $4k

So, my questions...

Obviously the price, where is it considering the mileage is low?

Any "gotchas" I should look for on a test ride?

Finally, are there any issues with regular riding. I do 300+ miles a week and need reliability.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Location plays a major factor in price. I'd compare it to other liter bikes in your area and see what $4k can get you.

As with any sports bike you might want to stay away from anything leaking oil as it may end up being more trouble than it is worth. Specific to the 954, I'd say pay close attention to the transmission.

I find that the stock windshield is too small for 70+ mph for me (6'2) but I ride mine 60 miles a day, x5 a week.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I love my 954. They are super sexy bikes, fun as hell to ride, and pretty comfortable also. There are some problem areas. The charging system can be faulty if not looked after. They can have a slight ticking noise to the bike which usually means a bad tensioner. They also are very common to have scarring on the cylinder walls which will eventually need to be re-plated down the road.

I would say 4k is worth it for that year and mileage if the owner is being honest. I paid $1,700 for my 02' with 10k miles but full of issues. I put another 3-4k getting it back to like new condition. Good Luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is 03 with 20k on the clock, never had a single issue with her, great bike for the money and I find it comfortable, but im a casual rider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts