Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was preparing my 2005 1000RR for an upcoming trackday by removing as much as the fairing etc as possible.

Rear lights, indicators back and front, and the headlight cluster all removed.

I reconnected the instruments which all light up but now although the bike turns over fine it won't fire up.

I checked whatever I could think of, including the engine kill switch but no luck.

Does the ECU depend on finding lights at the end of its wires? Is this preventing it from starting.

Any suggestions kindly received.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I was preparing my 2005 1000RR for an upcoming trackday by removing as much as the fairing etc as possible.

Rear lights, indicators back and front, and the headlight cluster all removed.

I reconnected the instruments which all light up but now although the bike turns over fine it won't fire up.

I checked whatever I could think of, including the engine kill switch but no luck.

Does the ECU depend on finding lights at the end of its wires? Is this preventing it from starting.

Any suggestions kindly received.

The bank angle sensor mounts on the headlight - did you remount it somewhere else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ops! I broke it [Fixed]

Thank you.

I didn't know there was such a thing on the bike, but I had seen a little box which I wasn't sure what it was for. It did however have UP written on it.

Reconnecting it and holding UP-wards, the bike came back to life.

Thank you again.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Re: Ops! I broke it [Fixed]

Thank you.

I didn't know there was such a thing on the bike, but I had seen a little box which I wasn't sure what it was for. It did however have UP written on it.

Reconnecting it and holding UP-wards, the bike came back to life.

Thank you again.

Fuel injected bikes need it to cut fuel and ignition when the bike goes down. Without it the engine will happily keep running with no oil supply, destroying the crank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts